RC Enthusiast

Neu-Castle 1415 2400kv motor: torque or speed?

The Neu-Castle 1415 2400kv motor is the one that is included in the Mamba Max pro Sct combo. I was wondering: is this motor built for torque or speed? on the website, they advertise the motor as a "torque monster"... Yet, i have heard many great things about this motor's abilities involving speed. I am a basher who probably wont get involved in racing for about a year or two, if at all, but i absolutelovely LOVE two things: Torque and Speed. I find that torque is awesome for pulling off great wheelies (though i have seen videos of this motor going way past a wheelie and just right-on fliping the car onto its back) and pulling through some very, very tall grass that inhabits one of my favorite bashing spots by me, as well as enabling for some great hill climes. However, the faster the better. I am comparing this motor to the 6900 CM36 motor that comes with the Mamba Max Pro combo. I need the best balance of both, with enough speed to be pushing over 70 with a two or three cell lipo, but I need plenty of torque, so if you can help me that would be great. Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lulz. It'll be fine. Speed and torque are inter-related on electric motors.

If you take 2 motors, with the same specs, and one is a 4000 kv wind, and the other is a 2000 kv wind... which one makes more torque? Which one makes more rpm? Which will pull more amps at a given voltage?

The answer the the same, the higher the kv, the more rpm and torque you'll get out of that sized motor. The limit is heat, and with higher kv motors comes more heat... Most people make the mistake of going with too high of kv, then it won't run cool.

Also you're not going to be "pushing over 70" with a Slash. It can be done, but its not as simple as plugging in a 3s and a big motor. Its a sort of chicken or the egg argument. If you knew how to hit 70, you wouldn't be asking the above questions.

Castle makes fine products, you'll be fine with their SCT combo.

You are thinking of hanging a 70mm long motor off the back of your truck? I hope it's protected well.
    And thinking of a 6900 in a Slash? Are you not concerned about heat issues?
    IMO those are two bad decisions. Still, your truck, your money.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    research, research, reasearch.... Take the time to find more info than you seem to have. There is more to just a big KV number than you think. The MMP SCT 2400kv can be geared for speed or low end power. But you will still deal with heat issue's. The sv2 3800 is where you should look. But that's just me.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Heat issues with the 2400 in a 2WD Slash? I don't think so. But fitment issues... surely.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The 4600 combo comes with the MMP,but it is a 2 pole motor,2wd with open diff.I think anything off road,and traction will be the equalizer.As stated the 3800 combo would be best, for your driving requirements.Torque and speed for the tarmac.I've had my VXL 2wd up to 64 and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest,last time I ever did that.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Enthusiast
    I run on a VERY hilly golf course. (Yes, i have gotten permission to run.) There is little traction in the morning, and with many dirt and rock covered hill climes (located along the edges of the course). There is also an enormous stretch of parking lot that is raraly used. I know that there will probably be an issue with the size of the motor, but I am planning on getting the RPM motor guard... There are a lot more places for me to bash and race around my house, so im just looking for a great all-around motor that I can use on whatever my next track (or course) will be.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sounds like you need over 9000 kv.....

(this is a joke!)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Heat issues with the 2400 in a 2WD Slash? I don't think so. But fitment issues... surely.
    why would it be a fitment issues the motor is 36mm diameter its longer but i cant see i fitment issue i might be wrong

RC Competitor
    They don't seem to advertise the number of turns these motors have. I believe the 2400kv is a 550 sized motor. It's bigger, slower RPM but should provide more torque. I wrestling with which one to get as well, the 2400 or the 3800.