Thread: FPV build

RC Enthusiast

FPV build

Just thought I would share what I've been working on. This is my summit with FPV gear. Front and back-up camera with a switch, pan and tilt on front cam. Ill let the pictures do the talking...

mmmm...DIRT!

RC Enthusiast
    few more pics

mmmm...DIRT!

RC Racer
    Looks good AlejoHeller.
    More wiring than a 747.
    What set up are u running
    Jato

RC Enthusiast
    I use a Lawmate 1000mw tx/rx truck is controlled with a futaba 9c super. I have a camera switch from hobbywireless installed that lets me see whats behind me on the second cam. I get pretty good range with this setup. thanks for looking
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC Qualifier
    TEKIN!!! What shock springs are those and where did you get them? Awesome looking build. Share some videos of it. About how much did it cost to do this build?
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Enthusiast
    Yes I love my tekin. The shocks are 19lb gunmetal springs I purchased off of ebay. If I didnt have to go through so much trial and error I probably wouldnt have spent as much as I did, but I would say I probably have about 800 dollars in gear that is on the truck now, including the esc and motor.
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC Racer
    900mhz ?
    I only been running mine around the yard.
    To much snow to go any where right now. It sucks, I really want to go out farther.
    Just picked remzibi osd for my plane. Might try it in the summit.
    Jato

RC Enthusiast
    running 1.2 on the only legal us channel. So far I have not tested the limits of my radio or video, scared to lose a expensive truck from a runaway lol, but ive gone as far as probably 1000 feet easy
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC poster
    I am spearheading a project just like this with our robotics students. I just purchased a summit for the chassis I have a ham lisc. Was looking for help and any info. Thinking of getting a 9 channel futaba stick radio on 50 MHz and running a 900 MHz video link. The only setups I see are mostly for air use. Looking for a high power tx for 900 MHz video like 2 watts or so. We are not into speed think in terms of a mars rover used to cover the school grounds and collect data and explore a simulated environment. Any help from the forum members is appreciated. Budget for radio and cam equipment is 500.00. Please help!!

RC Enthusiast
    Cuboodle PM sent. If you have any questions I would be happy to help as much as I can.
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC Competitor
    2 watts for video is way too high, you'll greatly reduce Rc range with that tx on board. Also 900mhz sucks, go with a 1.2 ghz 800mw system from sunsky.
    I used a 36mhz corona Rx from ********* for Rc and doubled the antenna length, that will give you 1-2 km easily. 72 MHz is fine also. Futaba 9c for Rc tx.
    Alejo that's a nice setup but that wiring would drive me insane.

Here is an example of mine
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=chevy+summit
    Last edited by joffadan; 03-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Old setup, basically for testing, its alot cleaner now that I got everything where I want it. Ive seen you truck in a couple places before. I even had one of those bodys...till I tried showimg off some Tekin speed and flipped it lol. Didnt want to spend the cash for that roll cage again. Your right about the power output, way to high. I even said so in the PM I sent, along with just about everything else you said. I use a corona receiver on a 9c also. Great range. Clean set-up Joffadan
    Last edited by AlejoHeller; 03-28-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    mmmm...DIRT!

RC Enthusiast
    I would love to see any ground setup that can get 2 or even 1 km, have been looking for years on the web and haven't seen one can someone post a vid>