RC poster

Looking for some help!

I just got the new traxxas slayer 3.3 pro a week ago and so far it has been a blast! I do have a few concerns regarding the overall performance of the truck (the engine is broken in properly and I am using the traxxas fuel!!!). When I slow down to make turns or just slow the truck in general, my truck always seems to bog down. The reason I am concerned is because all the videos online I have seen their trucks idle (mine doesnt) and they get instant torque from a dead stop. I have tried adjusting the LSN and the HSN and I only have improved a fraction. Iím new and really uneducated about R/C, is the problem just simple tuning or do I need to adjust internals? Please help!
    Last edited by Tkevil17; 03-10-2011 at 11:15 PM.

He's right. You tune the HSN, then the LSN and then the idle if necessary. The turns of the needles should be small. For high speed you are looking for performance and smoke. If you don't see any smoke and the engine chokes out under heavy acceleration then it is lean. If the engine does not accelerate very fast or the tranny doesn't switch gears, it is too rich.
    Move to the LSN when you are done with the HSN. Now you may have leaned out the HSN so now the LSN may be lean. Use the pinch test to determine which direction to go. The LSN requires even smaller turns. On deceleration if your engine sounds like Chewbaca then it is too lean.
    Now you won't learn this your next tank out. Just make sure the engine is warm and the tank is about half full when you tune. When you get a few hours and a gallon or two, go out to a flat parking lot and learn to tune. It takes time but finally one day you get it.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks! I spent more than a few hours today and about a gallon of fuel, but I got the Truck to idle and to have that instant torque and high speed power.

RC Competitor
    There should be a fuel filter in your fuel tank already. I have also thought of putting a in-line fuel filter on mine. Bought the filter, just havent put it on.

There's a stone filter in the corner where it picks up fuel.
    The Super Derecho