Thread: E-Revo Mini VXL

RC Qualifier

E-Revo Mini VXL

Hello everyone
    I am a newbie to the rc world, just got my first "real" rc car, an E-Revo Mini VXL, and ill never buy a cheap aa battery powered ripoff again!
    I have some videos on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx3mfqK174M
    I am just wondering if anyone could tell me what basic upgrades would be the best for my car? It works awesome, but i just wanna drive faster and harder lol but i dont want to do a complete overhaul, just some basic upgrades, any ideas? thanks all!

RC Racer
    RPM a-arm (rear and front)
    RPM knuckles (front)
    Aluminum toe links and push rods (front and rear)
    Traxxas Steel CV Driveshaft
    maybe a center diff
    MERV

RC Competitor
    +1 for the rpm a-arms
    +1 for the rpm knuckles but I would do front and rear
    rpm front bumper is a good buy as well along with the traxxas wheelie bars.
    I would leave the stock toe link and push rods though. I had aluminum and bent on the first flip.
    With the rpm arms and knuckles and stock rods it is set-up perfect in my opinion.

rpm arms and parts are also guaranteed and if they break they will replace them. I have had some good flips and wipe outs and so far so good. I kind of feel that is indestructible but I am sure it is only a matter of time before something else will break.

I died my hole frame and rods black. As soon as I get the hpi mesh 2.2 rims and v-groove tires mounted I am going to post pics.

Nice video!! I like the chains!!
    Last edited by speedstang91; 03-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasRafael View Post
    RPM a-arm (rear and front)
    RPM knuckles (front)
    Aluminum toe links and push rods (front and rear)
    Traxxas Steel CV Driveshaft
    maybe a center diff
    Rpm knuckles front and rear, they are cheap, work great (way better than stock) and are guaranteed.

Traxxas machined balls are cheap and a good performance upgrade (the small ones not the pivot balls)

And I agree on everything else
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    At some point, you'll want to go lipo if you havent already.

RC Racer
    I'd add a t-bone full skidplate to that list. Really seems to strengthen the entire truck.

RC Qualifier
    thanks everyone, whats the cost of this stuff? is there any point on getting a bigger motor? or anything else? i see all these people with fans, and all this other stuff on them, is that really necessary? ive ran my merv pretty hard so far, and ive had no problems with it, except i need to replace my spoiler and front bumper, when your driving it in -30 and hit a snow bank, the plastic doesnt like it! but yeah, the chains are sick! perfect for my good ole canadian winters!

RC Qualifier
    the hobby store where i purchased my merv said that the lipo have had caught on fire before... is this something that will happen if i dont have something else? or is this just an isolated incident thing?

RC Competitor
    It can if you are not careful when charging them. I heard about stuff like that but just charge them as you are suppose to and all should be fine.

rpm a-arms are around $15 for front or rear so around $30 all together. I think a set of knuckles were around $9 maybe but I could be wrong.

Def go lipo. Are you running stock batteries now?? Series or parallel??? Thunder ac6 charger from hobbypartz.com. Was $42 with free shipping. Not sure if it is still the same price. Regular is arond $80 or $90. I also bought 3s blue lipos from them for $12 a piece and soldered my own traxxas connectors on. Total for charger, 4 batteries, connectors, and cables to charge up to 6 batteries was around $125.

Hope this helps.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by willy911 View Post
    thanks everyone, whats the cost of this stuff? is there any point on getting a bigger motor? or anything else? i see all these people with fans, and all this other stuff on them, is that really necessary? ive ran my merv pretty hard so far, and ive had no problems with it, except i need to replace my spoiler and front bumper, when your driving it in -30 and hit a snow bank, the plastic doesnt like it! but yeah, the chains are sick! perfect for my good ole canadian winters!
    You can get the full skid plate set http://www.t-bone-racing.com/ for 35 dollars I believe.