RC Champion

Question Truck Bodies (Non-Race or Short Course) for Slash 4x4

Has anyone found any bodies for the Slash 4x4 that are styled more like a production type 1:1 truck? Basically what I am after is a body that fits over the tires like the stock body, but is style like a standard pick-up truck, and not like the short course race type body. I saw that traxxasbrothers used the Raptor body for what I think is a Stampede or Slash 2WD, but it had more of the monster truck body style where the tires are still exposed outside the body. It looked good, but not what I am after.

So, I was curious if any one has tried a Revo sized body or anything like that. If so, post the pictures here. Thanks!
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    theres the ford raptor

RC Champion
    You must mean this one, right?

To me, this looks nothing like the production version of a Ford Raptor. I am looking more for a look like this, but one that allows the tires to compress into the body, like our stock body allows.

RC Qualifier
    There simply isn't one, sadly. The majority of people want short course racing style bodies, for whatever reason, so companies won't make a production type body. It's all a money thing. Who cares about the little guy, right?
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Champion
    Yeah, that is too bad. I may have to see if I can make something work....Revo body, 1/8th scale, something. I don't mind the race style bodies, but I want an off road 4x4 style truck, and not a race truck. I was kind of thinking trophy truck style, like this:

RC Qualifier
    parma makes a pretty good raptor body very scale
    Yes Castle Creations is in KANSAS

RC Champion
    That is closer for sure, but is it just me, or does that Parma body look weird. i don't know what it is specifically, but it just is odd. I never was a bog fan of the Parma bodies myself. Thanks for the tip kansas! I really appreciate it!

RC Champion
    PS-The Raptor was my example, but I don't have to have that one only. If anyone knows of other regular truck bodies, let me know those too. Thanks!

RC Champion
    proline makes some emaxx 3905 bodies that are somewhat scale looking and the will fit the slash as well.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    You just had to post that 1:1 Raptor didn't you...now I'm drooling again.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Competitor
    prolines ford f250s for the 05/03/08 e maxx or e revo fit nice this is a pic of mine
    i cant fit all my trucks in 50 characters

RC Competitor
    i think the problem is the slash has a shorter wheel base but wide stance. They are designed to look like the TORC trucks plan and simple. I actaully like the Traxxas Slash/Slayer bodies from Traxxas and I like keeping the truck looking like a TORC truck. But for what your wanting, as the SCT get more and more popular, they will hopefully do more after market bodies for the platform.

RC Champion
    I hear you, and thank you for answering wearerad. I figure it has to do with the width of the truck from outside edge of each tire. The body would have to be pretty dang wide, and that might make it look too odd for a production style truck body. But, that doesn’t mean I still want it! The last truck I built was a scale crawler, and I loved the more realistic look that it provided, but it was so slow. So I sold it and bought the Slash 4x4 as it was a good mix of scale looks and performance. But, I have grown quickly tired of the TORC style race bodies that we all have. I was thinking if there was a body of a production style truck, that would surely open the doors to some different looks of truck we see if the galleries. Again, a trophy style truck is what I have been thinking of building.

To those posting the ideas and bodies of the EMaxx, Revo, E-Revo, etc, I know those are available, as I have owned and painted a number of them over the years. The difference is that those don’t go over top of the tires as my first post mentioned. Mounting one of those on my Slash 4x4 gives it the same monster truck styling that all those trucks have….exposed tires, where they do not compress up into the body. Thank you for the ideas, but those miss the intention of what I am looking for. So far, the closest option in the Parma Raptor body.

I think the jconcepts is a pretty good 1:1 match. You just need some positive offset wheels and larger bfg tires.

RC Qualifier
    chachi- if want a scale offroad truck what i was thinking about doin was buying the parama raptor and rmp roof lights rpm front bumper with the lights on them to and a parma decal **** and slash 4x4 sheet it has fox shocks decals and ford decals ans bfg and more you could possibly make he raptor R just like the picture u posted above i was going to try it but never got around to it just and idea for it , the parma body as alot of very scale decals that comes with the body
    here s the decals the left is traxxas slash decals and the right is #10601 parma decal

Last edited by kansas-slash2009; 03-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.

RC Champion
    Yeah, great idea. I may have to do that. One part I don't care for on the Parma body is the molded tire in the bed. I was thinking of cutting that out and mounting a real spare on it instead. Great ideas on the light bars too. Hmmm, now I working on it in my head already. Thanks kansas!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC View Post
    Has anyone found any bodies for the Slash 4x4 that are styled more like a production type 1:1 truck? Basically what I am after is a body that fits over the tires like the stock body, but is style like a standard pick-up truck, and not like the short course race type body. I saw that traxxasbrothers used the Raptor body for what I think is a Stampede or Slash 2WD, but it had more of the monster truck body style where the tires are still exposed outside the body. It looked good, but not what I am after.

So, I was curious if any one has tried a Revo sized body or anything like that. If so, post the pictures here. Thanks!
    I've been in the same boat since purchasing my 2WD Slash last year. I've picked up stock bodies for the Blitz and SC10, but they're not in service yet. I'm interested to see if you come across anything.
    / 16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC View Post
    Yeah, great idea. I may have to do that. One part I don't care for on the Parma body is the molded tire in the bed. I was thinking of cutting that out and mounting a real spare on it instead. Great ideas on the light bars too. Hmmm, now I working on it in my head already. Thanks kansas!
    Ya I don't care for the molded tire either cut it out and a real bfg in place of that.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas-slash2009 View Post
    Ya I don't care for the molded tire either cut it out and a real bfg in place of that.
    Things like that molded tire (and P-L's 'lights' on their Hummer truck body) make me wonder if these people get end-user input before releasing this stuff.
    / 16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmbtr View Post
    Things like that molded tire (and P-L's 'lights' on their Hummer truck body) make me wonder if these people get end-user input before releasing this stuff.
    lol ikw if they would look at the talk fourms for like 5mins they would make bankk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kansas-slash2009 View Post
    lol ikw if they would look at the talk fourms for like 5mins they would make bankk
    Exactly! Instead:
    "Hey, let's show how out of touch we are with our target customers. Cartoonish? Check. Crap quality? Check. Design add-ins which make no logical sense and add nothing to the overall package? Check."

JConcepts has a product that would work. Widen that shell a few inches and you're set.
    / 16

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmbtr View Post
    Exactly! Instead:
    "Hey, let's show how out of touch we are with our target customers. Cartoonish? Check. Crap quality? Check. Design add-ins which make no logical sense and add nothing to the overall package? Check."

JConcepts has a product that would work. Widen that shell a few inches and you're set.
    Agree completely. To me, a combo of a scale crawler and a TORC truck would be ideal. Something that can still do 40mph+, is super durable, but has the scale realism that the scale crawlers have. It doesn't have to have a ladder frame like an Axial SXC10 or anything, but getting the bodies to be a little more realistic with details and such would be a big plus. I would certainly think that a ton of Slash (2WD & 4WD) owners would buy a production style truck body. In fact, I really wouldn't doubt it if more people would by those than the race style bodies. Heck, you could still race with a production style body, it just wouldn't look as racey. Hmmm, maybe I should start a poll in the Slash 2WD and 4WD forum pages.......

RC Enthusiast
    I have a 2WD, 4WD, and Slayer Pro. I would LOVE to find a Toyota Tundra body to put on all 3 of mine. I don't mind the MT look, but I don't care for the Ford or Chevy bodies. I do have to agree with you Chachi, a production style (covers wheels) body would look awesome and I could stop buying race bodies.
    SLASH 4x4 Ultimate
    E-Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Competitor
    I would love a Toyota Tacoma body (with the crew cab) so I can reproduce my real truck to be honest with you. That Parma body that kansas has up there, I just don't like, the lines on it look very simple and generic, so kansas, just my thoughts, the proline raptor body is the best I have seen, wonder if you could take a traxxas body and decal it like a stock truck? I seen a you tube about painting bodies and decaling from the inside, basically print out decals and glue them with some clear glue on the inside of the body and painting over them, would look kinda good if you could print out the grill and standard designs of the truck your wanting, but a Dodge Ram body would look awesome on a slash platform