RC Racer

Shorted wire on Slayer

This is a pic of the switch and wire that melted the battery holder and burnt my hand pretty good. Thought I would post it up so it can be caught by others. I doubt it is an issue on other trucks, but I sure didn't expect it on a new truck straight from the box. You can see the springs on the holder how they melted through the holder.

Imagine trying to hold that...it was hot quick. Look for the gold at the switch...It's a major short. Sorry for bad pics

RC Racer
    I agree...for $450. I would have expected it to not be shorted though. LOL

RC poster
    Wow that sucks. When I first got mine the battery would not sit against the metal because the wire was not bent enough.

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I have had minor problems with my truck since getting it in December. Did you give some sort of constructive criticism / feed back? Traxxas has always provided me with the support, info or parts. I cant knock them, or their product.

Find another forum if it bugs ya, why waste your time and complain about it?
    Last edited by hotlead; 03-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Contact Traxxas support and tell them what happened. I my opinion and in dealiing with them, they do stand behind their products!!!!!! They just mailed me out a new servo, no questions asked, besides telling them the problem. They did not even require I send the old one back!!

I too had some minor issues with my Revo and Traxxas was more than happy to fix or try to work out the problem with me. So yeah stop *****ing................LOL
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!

This forum is privately owned so Traxxas can do what they want. If you feel that your "rights" of freedom of speech are being violated, you have every right to express it, but if you don't like it you can go to other forums that allow it. Complaining will not change it; you are not the first to complain.
    Or you can do what some others did and purchased their own site, developed a forum and gave themselves all the power to allow or not allow what they wanted. If you did that, guarantee people will complain saying their freedom of speech is being violated. What would your response be?
    I got tired of reading profanity and other smut on other forums and like being here were it is pretty clean.
    As far as quality assurance, I have noted that there seems to be more complaints about Traxxas vehicles and problems. Mostly about nitro clutches, spur gears being loose, ESC's burning out, Titan motors dying prematurely, etc. I'm willing to bet that Traxxas has their eye on the forums and are looking for problem issues and hopefully working to resolve them.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Yup, on two occasions my truck had me stumped and I called support because I didnt want to keep throwing new parts at the problem and wanted to get it fixed. Traxxas pointed me in the right direction and sent me parts, no questions asked, except my address. Cant beat that.........I like Traxxas, I dont care what the haters say.

RC Competitor
    You can speak your mind Evan03. Just do it constructively, like your talking to your 3 year old or grandma........Trust me, I am am/was a U.S.N Sailor and if I couldnt get something to work or fix something, I cussed at it to give it a little help fixing itself. Seemed to work and made me feel better Lol! Funny how all of a sudden things seemd to fit, run or work after you got done cussing it out.....hahahaha, no worries dude. Hows the truck running?

Evan03, you could have taken what I said a totally different direction. I'll give you props for displaying some character.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Props here for not being a little **ch (itch, hehe) and running, screaming bloody murder! Hows the ride? I liked your tire idea. I need to get some new tread, 1/8 scale or something else I have seen here. Not sure what yet. Cant find the set up that blows my skirt up.........

RC Racer
    This thread has taken a 180....wasn't expecting it to be like this.