Thread: dynamite motor?

RC Racer

dynamite motor?

i am a new member here on this web site but i have been racing traaxas for the past 3 years. i am getting a slash xl-5 here soon and i will be swaping out the stock motor and esc for a brushless. i have found so far that dynamite has some pretty good combos for a cheap price of $100. i was wondering and i asked this on another forum, what kind of dynamite fuze motor should i use, a 5800kv, a 6800kv or the 3300kv short course edition. on the other forum someone said that a 5800kv dynamite fuze system and the stock 7 cell 8.4v nimh battery was able to keep up with a slash vxl with a 3s 4000mah 11.1v 25c lipo.

also i was wanting to see if i could get a coupe of photos of a slash with a dynamite fuze or even a video would work
    Last edited by mini freak; 03-04-2011 at 09:55 AM.

RC Champion
    IMO, it would probably keep up with it but it would run hot. I'd go with the 3300kv short course edition.
    Land of the free?

RC Racer
    I've never heard of dynamite motors before but hears a link to a great sc motor combo by castle creations.
    Not Cal.
    Castle Creations Rusty

RC Qualifier
    ^^^^^^ Definitley better than the dynamite, my friend got one for 90 bucks shipped off ebay nib
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC Qualifier
    That person may have been me on one of the other sc forums. I run the 5800kv fuze with the stock battery and it will keep up with my buddy's vxl with 3s lipo.

Like was said above, heat. It gets hot as he'l sometimes.I found the proper gearing to make the motor a much cooler but the esc runs fairly hot. it's almost always warm to the touch. Some times bordering on hot.

I have heard from a few people who run lipo that their trucks that their temps went down after going from stock pack to the lipo. Someone confirm of debunk this for me please.

RC Qualifier
    I will try to get a couple pics and maybe a video once I put a new chassis in my car.

RC Qualifier
    Well maybe thats because its a 5800kv motor vs a 3500kv motor, you could gear the vxl to smoke that dynamite motor were you would just burn up the dynamite
    KNEE INJURIES HURT !!!

RC Qualifier
    Yup. That's exactly it, the kv difference. Any motor can be geared to beat another but it all comes down to heat and if you want any control or not.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by deerhurst View Post
    That person may have been me on one of the other sc forums. I run the 5800kv fuze with the stock battery and it will keep up with my buddy's vxl with 3s lipo.

Like was said above, heat. It gets hot as he'l sometimes.I found the proper gearing to make the motor a much cooler but the esc runs fairly hot. it's almost always warm to the touch. Some times bordering on hot.

I have heard from a few people who run lipo that their trucks that their temps went down after going from stock pack to the lipo. Someone confirm of debunk this for me please.

thanks for all of your responses, if i gear the motor to run cool like deerhurst say and if i remember right, dynamite is coming out with a electric fan to attacch to the esc to run it alot cooler

RC Qualifier
    If the come out with a cooling fan life will get just that much better for the esc.

RC Racer
    is this you truck, i found it on rcshortcourse.com and the username was deerhurst, nice truck is it 2wd or 4wd

http://media.photobucket.com/image/s...r/IMG_0013.jpg

RC Qualifier
    Haha. Yup. That's mine. It's got a bright green raptor body and a red strc kit on it now.

Paint job kind sucks. I'm sad that the paint bled through a lot.

RC Enthusiast
    Looks great to me probably better than my stock body... lol mine has paint all over it from swappin paint with the basement walls
    Traxxas Slash With 4370kv brushless system

RC Racer
    Haha. Yup. That's mine. It's got a bright green raptor body and a red strc kit on it now.

Paint job kind sucks. I'm sad that the paint bled through a lot.

haha i was going to do that to my rustler, converting it to a slash but keeping the rustler chassis. was the chassis extension kit worth the $40 ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mini freak View Post
    haha i was going to do that to my rustler, converting it to a slash but keeping the rustler chassis. was the chassis extension kit worth the $40 ?
    Yes. I can push It much further now, it turns better and doesn't roll nearly as much or as easily.

RC Racer
    yeah ive got an old rustler that i am planning on converting it into a slash, just the way you did with the STRC kit and the rustler chassis. do you know if the wheelbase on the stock, #47 mike jenkins body will match up to it with the rustler chassis and the STRC kit?

by the way, dynamite has already come out with the esc fan for the dynamite fuze esc

RC Qualifier
    yeah ive got an old rustler that i am planning on converting it into a slash, just the way you did with the STRC kit and the rustler chassis. do you know if the wheelbase on the stock, #47 mike jenkins body will match up to it with the rustler chassis and the STRC kit?

by the way, dynamite has already come out with the esc fan for the dynamite fuze esc
    Sweet! Looks like I going to have to get a fan.

The strc kit has just about the same wheelbase as far as I know. The body posts are just a tad closer together. Same body fits on fine.

The rusty chassis is a bit shorter then the slash bit the strc kit lengthens it to the length of a slash.

RC Racer
    Sweet! Looks like I going to have to get a fan.

The strc kit has just about the same wheelbase as far as I know. The body posts are just a tad closer together. Same body fits on fine.

The rusty chassis is a bit shorter then the slash bit the strc kit lengthens it to the length of a slash.

cool, just wish the STRC kit was cheaper, ive thought about making my own, replica of the strc kit. i also thought of taking two rustler chassis's and putting them together. here is the link its the secound picture about the #15th post,

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8648

RC Qualifier
    cool, just wish the STRC kit was cheaper, ive thought about making my own, replica of the strc kit. i also thought of taking two rustler chassis's and putting them together. here is the link its the secound picture about the #15th post,

http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8648
    I've seen some of the spliced rustlers. Come look really good and others look pretty sketchy. If you do decide on the strc kit, it adds alot of weight to the back. Put some heavier oil in the back.

RC Racer
    I've seen some of the spliced rustlers. Come look really good and others look pretty sketchy. If you do decide on the strc kit, it adds alot of weight to the back. Put some heavier oil in the back.
    yeah i will probly get strc kit, my the two chassis desighn is nice but i wouldn't think it could hold up for very long, my truck will probly just like yours with the fuze 5800kv system and the strc kit

RC Qualifier
    yeah i will probly get strc kit, my the two chassis desighn is nice but i wouldn't think it could hold up for very long, my truck will probly just like yours with the fuze 5800kv system and the strc kit
    He'll yeah! Rock that 5800kv!

You looked at lipos for it yet? I'm thinking a 2s for sanity and racing and a 3s for bashing coming this summer. After I rebuild funds college and rc have sucked put of me.

RC Racer
    He'll yeah! Rock that 5800kv!

You looked at lipos for it yet? I'm thinking a 2s for sanity and racing and a 3s for bashing coming this summer. After I rebuild funds college and rc have sucked put of me.
    heres the lipo im going to get for bashing, i found this lipo somewhere else for $33 but i lost the website

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CGMQ8wIwAQ#

RC Racer
    here is one that cyclone hobbies has, i could print this out, take it to cyclone hobbies and they will match this price

http://www.all-battery.com/111volt-4...tterypack.aspx

RC poster
    I've got the dynamite fuze 6800kv and it smokes the VXL. Personally what I like most about it is that it comes with the program card and you can program alot of the setting for example the drag brake, brake, acceleration, etc. Without setting that drag brake my truck we be pretty beat up by now. It's a good motor and esc for that price, mine was $120 at the local shop, so 100 bux you cant beat that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn0mite View Post
    I've got the dynamite fuze 6800kv and it smokes the VXL. Personally what I like most about it is that it comes with the program card and you can program alot of the setting for example the drag brake, brake, acceleration, etc. Without setting that drag brake my truck we be pretty beat up by now. It's a good motor and esc for that price, mine was $120 at the local shop, so 100 bux you cant beat that.
    Oh man! I bet that 6800 moves! You lack the ability to wheelie too? All I do is spin the wheels.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn0mite View Post

go to google shopping and type in dynamite fuze, they list the 5800kv, the 6800kv, and the 3300kv short course combos with the programming card, all for $96 , my closets hobby shop is cyclone hobbies so all i have to do is find and print the page from google shopping and what online store it is from, and cyclone hobbies will match that price

RC poster
    Wow, pretty cool shop to do that for you. The shop locally here had the kit ready to go so all I had to do was buy it and throw it in. I cant stand waiting for parts to be shipped so I dont mind paying the couple bucks.

My slash doesnt do wheelies. It may be because I dont have it programmed to have full throttle blasting at all times, or maybe because I have rear shocks mounted up front.

Just make sure you get a fan for the esc, that thing gets heated.

RC Qualifier
    My esc stays cool but my motor warms up. Going up 4 teeth to a 23 tooth pinion tomorrow.

My nimh can't put out enough to set my system up hot. It spins them any terrain but my road at home, I just learned. Just got home for spring break and had to try that road.
    Last edited by deerhurst; 03-21-2011 at 12:33 AM.

RC Racer
    i will probly get a slash here soon in june for my birthday, just to much to convert my rusty to a slash. i have had a losi strike less than a year ago, it had a team orion vortec carbon fiber motor, traxxas vxl-3s (non-waterproof), traxxas shocks, traxxas servo and traxxas 2 channel system and a team orion 3300mah 6 cell 7.2v rocket pack. it was a nice truck. sold it before i could get it on the bmx track i miss it. but the mini e revo i traded it for is freaking awsome!! this weekend im raceing the mini e revo against my uncles fully aluminum losi mini t with a tenkins brushless and 2s lipo. so far i have been told that i can beat it with or without lipo. that is true because he cant get off the line very hard, he cant go full throttle because it is 2wd and the motor is so powerful in the car that if he goes even half throttle the truck will do a back flip, so im not worried about that race

RC Racer
    god, i want a slash with a dynamite 5800kv and a 3s 11.1v lipo, so freaking bad

RC Qualifier
    god, i want a slash with a dynamite 5800kv and a 3s 11.1v lipo, so freaking bad
    All I can say is to plan on new tires pretty quick until you get some good ones with 11.1.

RC Competitor
    Will the duratrx element be destroyed if put in a slash?

RC poster
    My girlfriend and I have been bashers now for 6 months. I have a 2x4 slash with stock gearing. I have a 5800kv fuse brushless system. And I normally run around 5000 to 5300 mah 2 cell lipo. The motor seems to run hot most of the time, I do have a fan on the esc. In my opinion my gearing my be a little high. Taking all that in consideration I want to go to my local short course track which is moist hard pack.... I would appreciate any opinion on gearing and tire. Also I have Traxxas Big bore shocks can you recommend oil weight....? thanks so much..
    Last edited by deadwoodbasher; 09-13-2012 at 02:41 AM.