RC poster

Monster Slash 2wd....

Well, hey guys im new to the forum and decided to share a few pics of my slash 2wd..
    specs: Mamba Monster 2200kv with t-maxx body
    22/50 32p gearing
    11.1v 6400lipo
    Big Bore shocks
    With the last gear ratio i had (18/54 32p) i went 41 and was spinning the whole way there.. i added 6oz of weight to the front for that gear ratio and it seemed perfect. no wheelies.. now with this gearing of 22/50 im going to need to add more weight because its pulling the front wheels slower than around 20mph..Oh and sand paddles soon to come!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    lookin good. I did't know there was a 50t, are you running Mod1?

RC poster
    not sure if its a mod1,, got it off ebay. it was for a revo i believe..

RC Qualifier
    sweet loking truck..i like the chevy truck body on there...thats sweet. makes me wanna try my tmaxx bodies on my slash..lol i know a slash body looks pretty cool on a tmaxx...i set mine on there 1 time..pretty coool to see a monster sc truck

RC Racer
    that motor is huuuuuuuuuuuuge...
    Seeing 1/8 systems in Slashes and other 2wd trucks makes me laugh inside, because I can barely deal with mine with a regular VXL on 7cell NiMh's haha
    I want to get a huge Tacon motor like that, just for laughs...
    I'm not sure my VXL3s could handle it haha
    I accidentally my whole truck.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The vxl builds up heat with bigger motors, but throw a fan on it and you'll be good,.

RC poster
    yea its pretty crazy, way way too much power for that little 1/10 scale... but its so much fun!

RC Racer
    What brand lipo are you running? thats not a bad mah level for that voltage,Ive be wanting one around that size . Any issues with the battery? does it perform well?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slash1987 View Post
    What brand lipo are you running? thats not a bad mah level for that voltage,Ive be wanting one around that size . Any issues with the battery? does it perform well?
    It is a 11.1v 6400 mah venom lipo. It works great...It takes FOREVER to hit the voltage cutoff (got it set at 9.1v and never actually hit it)... I wanted a battery with a long run time and boy did i get it. My buddy has the same battery for his vxl 4x4 slash and with the throttle pinned most of the time it takes about 45min to hit the cut off.

RC Racer
    Nice,thanks for the info! I have a 5200mah 7.4v right now,It works great,but hasnt let me hit the engines full potential . only been able to clock 35mph with that battery. That was with 23/76 gearing I think

RC poster
    yea 11volts really wakes it up!!

RC Qualifier
    can we get a video of it in action
    Race Rustler 18/84
    http://tinyurl.com/5u8ave

RC Qualifier
    wow thats a big motor! I wonder what it will do on a 6s battery in a slash

RC poster
    Oh yea for sure, i got a camera on its way so ill have something up soon ( i hate when people say that an dissapear so im deff gonna post up)... And as far as 6s! im gonna try it but man, on 3s its nuts! I just got a wheelie bar so we'll see how that goes. but with 3s i am dead even on acceleration with a stock 4x4 slash on 11.1volts..(im spinning the WHOLE time, and i mean the WHOLE time) the thing is, that the truck will go about 58mph Sooooo.. if im rolling at any speed 20mph or 45mph as soon as i lay into it the tires go straight to 58mph..that motor has so so much torque.. with that little slash it has no problem reaching its peak rpm. Im planning to put some rustler tires on it and see how i hook up...

Well here is a little jump vid to hold ya over. This was the slash in its vxl form with just a 8.4v nimh..
    Not really a huge jump, but its fun..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11-xRAUVKLc
    Last edited by ON20LBS; 03-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.

RC Competitor
    Those stock wheels? DO they just look huge because of the different body?

RC poster
    Yep, just the stock wheels.. i have a silverado body from proline that i normaly use.... its kinda abused though..

RC Racer
    well I picked myself up a 11.1v 5400mah lipo from my lhs today,its on the charger

RC Enthusiast
    lol I bet my body is more beat up then urs that truck looks nice I like ur double spoke rims, they look better than my single spoke ones
    Last edited by MrRc9; 03-11-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Traxxas Slash With 4370kv brushless system

RC Qualifier
    did you have to do anything to the gear box to get the mamba monster 2200kv motor to fit
    Slash 3s 2150kv
    Mod1 27/36 61mph

RC Qualifier

i beleve this vid belongs to the topic-starter

looks good, paddles rules on loose sand
    franz
    greetings from holland
    www.rcm-alkmaar.nl