wheels an tires?

having a little trouble finding tires and rims for 1/16 scale i can only find 1/12...would those work for our cars?

RC Competitor
    Look for 26mm touring wheels. I just sent you a PM.

ok thanks man

you think these tires would hook pretty well on/off the road? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBSZ2&P=M
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-02-2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    The x-pattern tires are awesome.
    Rally KB,Revo with BB engine,Stampede

really ok i think ill go with those cuz i love drifting but i also like having some traction sometimes as well

RC Competitor
    I bought the same tire pattern but they are made by Integy. Integy pairs are cheaper. Also from Tower. I also have the HPI.

RC Qualifier
    They're not super-grippy on rough dirt like a knobby rally tire, but definitely fun.

Baseball-diamond dirt seemed be ideal for the X's...
    Last edited by prototyp; 03-02-2011 at 01:13 AM.

RC Competitor
    prototyp are those d compound or belted pro compound? i saw 3-4 different hpi x pattern

RC Qualifier
    D "super"... didn't go belted as I'm not on 50mph LiPo and wanted some squish for running offroad.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mido241 View Post
    I bought the same tire pattern but they are made by Integy. Integy pairs are cheaper. Also from Tower. I also have the HPI.
    How do the Integy versions compare to HPI in terms of grip... Are they harder and more drift-oriented, or good n grippy?

RC Competitor
    In my opinion the Integy copy is a little harder in compound. They are easier to swing the back end of the car around.

RC Qualifier
    Might be a dumb question, but, would the belted x-patterns be eaiser to drift with then the D"super" coumpound? Yet still get decent higher speed traction? I'm looking for an on road tire I can do some controlled drifting with, but still have control to do some speed runs amongst the drifting. Any advice from some one who has found a tire like this would be much appreciated. I've done alot of searching, but havent found any answer on this. Also, I just run on pavement and concrete, no tracks, yet.

RC Qualifier
    Pretty good question actually... For 35mph ish runs, the normal D comps seem good and stable. They slide slightly if you fiddle with throttle while taking a long corner at that speed, and will spin out with drop-throttle and a quick turn-in. They also drift enough to be fun, but certainly don't hoon like hard slicks or even the standard Rally tires. For higher speeds – 50mph – I'd go belted as the D compound's tread is flexy and supple and will likely balloon out.

I'd assume the stickier Pro compound associated with the belted versions will grip more at speed, but also be less playful for drifting. So there are compromises to weigh one way or another.
    Last edited by prototyp; 03-09-2011 at 03:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, very helpful once again prototyp! I am plannin on usin my merv for just a basher now, and am gonna start concentrating on the rally for speed. Once I get more into it I will most likely have a set of wheels and tires for speed, and a set for drifting. But for now I am looking for a good compromise of the two. One more question, what kind of life span are you getting out of the D comp tires?
    Last edited by tha-mule; 03-09-2011 at 06:20 PM.