RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

NEW RED Brushed Rally.... pics inside

O.K.... so the pics are on their way. But I wanted to let everyone know I got my brushed Rally today... Its the red body and man, this is a WAY different red than I expected. Its more of a Maroon color and its got a distinct metal flake in it. Very very nice color... I wasent crazy about a red body but after seeing this one im going to keep and run it.
    The stickers are silly... probably the worst stock graphics ive seen in a while. They are coming off before the pics are taken.

I WILL have pics up later tonight for everyone to see...

Also, it has chrome rims. I thought they were white but they arent. Pretty sweet.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet! I'm thinking of getting a car so I would like to read your overall impressions.

RC Qualifier
    Once again I'm jealous
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

Here it is... about 15 minutes to pull the silly graphics and 20 minutes and a bottle of "goo gone" later. This is with my HPI Work XSA rims and stock Rally VXL tires... which is my favourite setup:

This pic isnt even a good enough representation of the red... it looks too red here... the color is much deeper. But this at least gives you an idea of what a red one looks like. Weve all seen the yellow and green ones on here... I think this is the first red one.

Yay

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    This pic isnt even a good enough representation of the red... it looks too red here... the color is much deeper. But this at least gives you an idea of what a red one looks like. Weve all seen the yellow and green ones on here... I think this is the first red one.

Yay
    Your an "apple" man as well huh? You need a small white apple decal for the back window I got a lil sheet from ebay and I stick them on the back windows of the trucks.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

Looks good!!! I am really curious as to the top speed of these brushed big blocks out of the box. Traxxas has not published any info on this that I have seen.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Thats just the old (but still in use) home comp... my offices includes an Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem tower, 27 inch dual 3gig Imac, 15 inch and (2) 13inch MPB's... Were certainly a Mac based company. Hehe.

Actually dad, this body came from a car that was just a donor for the big block mount. The chassis under this body is my original VXL Rally. It now has an SV2/4600 combo in it. Just sorting out the gearing before I post pics of the instal. I do have to say, the titan fits on this chassis very well and I would also very much like to know the top speed of these cars.
    They come geared 28/45.... thats TALL gearing. But I have no doubt that big 550 motor can pull that gear without issues.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 02-23-2011 at 10:32 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I think I am running 31/50 right now I my SV2/4600 combo. Let me know what you try and how it works
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

RC Qualifier
    Hey Pave I saw on the spc website that there is a link of you guys running your rally cars. Its on the main page of the site. I thought that was pretty cool. Im sure you already knew this but other people can check it out.
    3-2wd Stampedes

Sweet... I didnt know that. Im going to look right now.

RC Qualifier
    I'm impressed with the color options on these brushed fiestas. The yellow one looks more like light copper and the red one looks darker (which I prefer) than what I expected it to be. I've seen the blue and green one last year at the ihobby expo but it had clear windows.

Let's see some updated pics under the hood!
    Last edited by all aluminum; 02-23-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112