RC Competitor

Monster Mutt Body!

It's got big floppy ears!

I'm buying one

RC Racer
    lol. Not for me personally, but I really like the large selection for large group of people and thier personal tastes. Someone had made on of these bodies along time ago and did a good job. that looks like leather for the eyes hehe.. The front bumpers are cool though. But the best part, is that they are coming with adjustable body mounts which are way sick. at least Max D is, and this one kinda looks like it has em to from what I can see. I didnt see it on this one, and they deleted alot of their pics on the gallery for the moment, but anouther cool thing. They did thier tires like differnt style too.. I didnt even notive that. Like the tires on the slash, with no rubber on the insides. I dont know what style, or type of tires that is, if anyone does, fill me in please.

RC Competitor
    Those would be "bead-lock style" rims. They look like bead-locks, but they're not - they're glued on.

I think this is the first time Traxxas is giving us a glimpse of the Monster Mutt. I want the body, just cuz it's so cayuuute! Just imagine those big ears flopping about at 60 mph!

RC Racer
    lol. your funny I mean the tires, not the rims homie. For example, These are not bead locks, true or made to look so, And they got the style tires that im talking about. Where on the outside, they have a thick sidewall and look like 2.2s. But on the inside, they have very thin sidewalls. and large clearance area.

RC Champion
    I feel traxxas made a mistake with the tires. They got everything right except for using those strange wheels. A lot of MT guys were going to get them but once they found out they wouldn't have much choice for wheels they changed their minds.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT View Post
    lol. your funny I mean the tires, not the rims homie. For example, These are not bead locks, true or made to look so, And they got the style tires that im talking about. Where on the outside, they have a thick sidewall and look like 2.2s. But on the inside, they have very thin sidewalls. and large clearance area.
    That's how a lot of bead-lock wheels/tires are designed? I could be wrong though. I've only seen a handful of bead-lock wheels/tires, and they all had this same design. Mostly from Pro-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    I feel traxxas made a mistake with the tires. They got everything right except for using those strange wheels. A lot of MT guys were going to get them but once they found out they wouldn't have much choice for wheels they changed their minds.
    I have a feeling Traxxas did this on purpose. If you haven't noticed, Traxxas likes to make it so aftermarket wheels and tires are difficult to mount on their trucks, so you're stuck buying their product, ie Bandit/Rustler/Stampede have different offsets, Slash 4x4/Pede 4x4 can only have 2.8 rims (or RPM revolvers), Rally wheels are difficult as well I've heard, but I don't have experience myself so I can't attest to it.

I guess Traxxas didn't want their customers taking their tires and mounting them on different wheels...

RC Champion
    I feel its bad for business doing such things. At least the bodies will fit on a wheel king. For traxxas their bread and butter is replacement parts. With their prices you cant justify ever building a truck from scratch. A pede probably gets close to 800 dollars. Because of this I can see why they don't want stronger aftermarket parts on their products. But considering how large the RC community is outside of traxxas its a good business move to support the rest of the community. I have even seen some other big companies make parts for traxxas vehicles.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Im pretty sure its because they are staying with 2.8s, like on the inside. But they monster truck tires look like 2.2, so they did this action. So it looked true to monster trucking design, but also stayed true to thier specs. Im pretty sure they didnt do it so that people couldnt put other tires. Thats not traxxas style, and they are all about customizing and using industry standard stuff. Its just the design, right or wrong, there wernt any "cant use other brands" in mind, it was just 2.8 clearance, but 2.2 look.

There has to be a specific name, for that spec, style of tire. A tire designed for beadlocks is called... (thats what i mean)

Ya, reaper right. Just like the automotive industry, replacement parts is huge. Alum caster blocks from trx costs 30 dollars, and people but em all day. But its just like automotive industry, they try and do something unique, or.. what "they" see as a good solution to have a tire that looks scale, but clearance and their specs of 2.8s that they are using. And we as the consumer, and the ones who spend time using em, see it as a direct offense. Companies who dont spend alot of time, literally hiring consultants to advice em on if the product they are making is going to be successful, and liked, make mistakes like this.

Picture a large group of intelligent men, designing womens bras. They will make what they looks and feels great, and by their intelligence, and maybe experience they will get some things right. But by the sheer fact they are NOT women, they will make mistakes that any woman would say DUH. this wire is pokey, or this does not work. Same with Traxxas, or any other company. U make a product, think your doing the perfect job from your intelligent disigners, but anyone who customizes RCs is going to say, DUH.... u cant interchange these wheels and tires. Basically its like u just have to have this combo, or not have either the wheels, or the tires. They either need to make these tires in true 2.2, or in true 2.8 to work in "our" knowledge of wanting to use this tire, with that rim, or that rim, with this tire.

RC Racer
    The RC world is very well aware of each others presence, and u dont see fighting or trying to make a product for only "thier" company. of course they all have unique parts they "need" thats not what I mean, but rather specs and such. Hex wheel sizes, and designs are the same. Link sizes, and styles, Motor sizes, the fact that elec all have the same component, wheels, tires, and the list goes on. Even on parts sites they say, may work for other makes and models. This was no coincidence. There could have been 12 differnt designes for wheel adapters if they wanted to. Traxxas could have said, okay u can only use our wheel, and only RPM will make wheels for us. So our wheels will use a Star pattern. Hpi could have said the same, and say okay only MID can make outs, and ours will have a octagon design, and u can only buy ours for your HPI truck, and u want diff wheels, well we will make a few diff wheels for "our" customers, and thats all u have as a choice. The RC world, and companies are very well aware if they work together, standardize things like esc number of wires, plus, motor sizes, same hexs on ALL companies wheels, than we can all benefit each other, and the consumer will pick what he wants, and interchange parts, and that way we will ALL sell customizable/aftermarket parts, and we will all benefit and we will sell by quality and innovation, not by trying to snatch and grab a number of customers. its no coincidence there is only 2.2 and 2.8 or 30 series tire sizes for MT (mostly) and traxxas uses all of them and so does every other company. they just made a mistake in their design in the eyes of us the modifier.

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    I want that tire & wheel set up. Looks awesome. But it is like the SC wheels at first. Now all SC wheels are split size. Maybe these will start a new trend in wheels. Nice thing is less side wall flex, more clearance on the inside, and still got the looks of 2.2" tires on the outside. Man I want the mut and this tire/wheel set up. Little kids around two or three would go crazy over this body. Just keep the speed down. If you got a good controler, just turn the throtle and revearse down. Now this is why I love traxxas. They take the chance and come out with new toys for us.
    Broken parts=New better parts