RC Racer

How do Rok Lox 4.0 do with brushless?

So I have just got a Summit, brushless system is on its way and I am thinking about "shoes"...
    The premise is that the Summit will always be run on 4S and practically always offroad.
    I kind of like the stock Canyons but since I am going brushless I was thinking about the 6.3" Maxx tires on the E-Maxx BL which are a bit smaller than the stock Summit tires but are supposedly better at handling BL power.
    I would also like to keep a second set of tires just for slower bashing in places when higher ground clearance is required. At the moment the choice for this second set are of course the stock Canyons which I already have but I was thinking about the Rok Lox 4.0 (Rock Crushers too wouldn't be bad)... They would give a pretty good boost in ground clearance but I just don't know how they do in more normal use other than just crawling... Is somebody out there using them with a BL setup? How are they holding up to BL abuse (apart from the expected extreme balooning at high speeds)? How do they do in medium speed cornering? The stockers already flex a lot..
    I tried looking for some video with them in action but no luck.

TIA
    Stampede VXL, E-Maxx MMM, Summit (soon Tekin RX8)

RC Qualifier
    they do fine medium speed cornering., the stockers in my opinon are not a bashing tire, just a crawling tire. roc loc is both.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

RC Racer
    Yes the stockers are definitely not all-around tires, hence the idea of 2 sets of tires. But now you're saying that the Rok Lox are actually "tougher" than the Canyons even tho they are so much bigger and taller? Well if so it sounds like I really ought to give them a try! Are you running them? How do you like them?
    Thanks for the reply.
    Stampede VXL, E-Maxx MMM, Summit (soon Tekin RX8)

RC Qualifier
    i don't recommend the 6.3" maxx tires. i was running them on my brushless e-maxx and they balloon really bad...

i can't add anything on the rok lok tires, but i am also considering a set of these for my summit. it is used almost exclusively for crawling though. i don't really do much bashing with it, that duty is reserved for the e-maxx...

RC Qualifier
    well i really like the roc loc tires, they do elevate the truck some so the center of gravity is raised. that can lead to roll overs if you turn sharp.

ive used them for medium speed bashing in the past, but now im gearing more twards crawling. They are my favorite tire.
    T8 sensored/Xerun-150a/custom chassis/fit body

They are really tall so the real steep stuff is difficult but the ground clearance sure is nice i was running the crushers not brushless but they are much tougher than the canyons so i don't see that being a issue unless your going to be doing 40 or 50
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Rok Loks with a decent brushless system are some of the ultimate upgrades for the summit! Just my opinion of course But check it out for youself!

RC Competitor
    JoffaDan....

Hey, video was great! my fav all time for Summit.

I plan on getting those Roc LoK with these cheapie wheels.
    (its sufficient for FPV'ing and bashing (rock crawling fun)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYPK2&P=ML

What brushless motor do you suggest? I looking for something similiar the "brushed" setup buy Brushless.
    All out speed is not my main concern..... EzRun brands?