RC Competitor

Buying direct from Traxxas

I wanted to buy the MMM upgrade for my revo, and you can buy it directly from traxxas. And it's for 250, is this ok to get from Traxxas? Do they ship fast.

And would I need anything else?
    Besides lipo's

Thank you.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    $250 is great, Im assuming thats for the black motor version & pre-wired for 2 batteries in series ( see below )?

clicky for image

No idea about shipping, they should have that info listed somewhere on the Buytraxxas website.

Only things you will need are the CastleLink programmer to adjust various settings like the LVC voltage & brake strength/ update firmware etc- the esc mount is also worth getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-5626-Mam...item2eb2c247e3

Just add lipos & gear as required- you will need new 5mm bore 32pitch/ mod0.8 pinions, 18,20,24 is a good spread.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Competitor
    Thanks good info!

RC Racer
    Shouldn't that motor come with the pinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    $250 is great, Im assuming thats for the black motor version & pre-wired for 2 batteries in series ( see below )?

clicky for image

No idea about shipping, they should have that info listed somewhere on the Buytraxxas website.

Only things you will need are the CastleLink programmer to adjust various settings like the LVC voltage & brake strength/ update firmware etc- the esc mount is also worth getting:

Just add lipos & gear as required- you will need new 5mm bore 32pitch/ mod0.8 pinions, 18,20,24 is a good spread.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Depends where you buy it, not sure if traxxas includes one or not. Thing is though that the included pinions are usually aluminium or un-hardend steel which wears out very quickly; invest in some $10 hardened steel pinions ( rc-monster or robinsonracing etc ) and they will last much much longer..

RC Competitor
    Witch pinion do I need for running on 4 cell lipo? What is the black motor? I thought it was green. Are they the same.
    I think I decided to buy one from horizon hobby for $300. So I will need a pinoin and the plate for running one motor.
    Is there anything else I would need to get started?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Read the 2nd post ( again ).

24/65 will be fine for a maximum speed of 40mph on good lipos ( 4s total )- but a small selection is better so you can tune the power to suit your driving and the amount of space you have- an 18, 20 & 24 tooth pinion is what you want ideally, or just 20 & 24.

Black & green motors are the same, the black one is just a different color as it is the one supplied with the BL emaxx & erevo ( to differentiate it I guess ).

You dont have to use the single motor mount, but it is nicer looking when using a single motor.

You will also need to read post 2 again as you have already been told what extra items you may require- I really dont like repeating myself when all the answers to your questions were answered in the first response; pinions, castlelink, few optional spurs maybe & make sure you read the tutorials on the use of lipos & lipo charging, along with the faq entry on gearing > http://robotwars.00server.com

24/65 = 40mph
    22/65 = 37mph
    20/65 = 33mph
    18/65 = 30mph

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post

clicky for image

Does the MMM ESC always come prewired and motor as well or does it require a special partnumber for that...
    Slightly Addicted

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Only the traxxas version MMM comes pre-wired with a series connector setup- the standard MMM just has a pair of battery leads with no connectors on ( add you own ). The motor always comes with 6.5mm male bullets to match the esc though, so no need to do any wiring there as such