RC poster

Help with MIP X-duty cvds

I just got the rear x-duty cvds and put them on my stampede 4x4. However, I also have aluminum rear axle carriers and notice the cvds rub on the axle carriers. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried extending the camber links a bit in order for the cvds to not rub, but now my tires don't sit flat. Any ideas on how to fix this?

RC Qualifier
    Make sure you actually got the rear. My buddy did the same thing. The guy at the LHS sold him fronts and it totally ruined his rear alum carrier.
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC poster
    Ya I made sure I got the rear ones. I have the front cvds coming in the mail.

RC poster
    They rub on my stock rear carriers as well, I was thinking of grinding a bit off, but it seems the shaft already did!

RC Qualifier
    Just food for thought since we are talking about Mip CVD's. I mounted my fronts today on the 4x4 pede and with the tie rod on the stock mounting hole, the cvd end would rub on it with the suspension hanging. It also limited the total downward travel of the a arm ever so much. As so, I had to use a different mount hole for the inner tie rod end as shown in the crappy pictures below. The rears appear easier to install (the fronts kicked my butt) and I hope there are no issues back there beside the possibilty of rubbing on the carriers.

This is a photo of the right front axle. I dont think camber has been affected.

RC Qualifier
    This is my slash with them on, I plan on putting on my other set once my pede gets here
    Wouldn't you like to know...

RC poster
    Hey Pede Pede, what type of grease is that you have in your cvds? Weight or brand? I was gonna put some grease on mine but not sure what kind to use.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboarder_15 View Post
    Hey Pede Pede, what type of grease is that you have in your cvds? Weight or brand? I was gonna put some grease on mine but not sure what kind to use.
    It's nothing special, just regular automotive grease one would use on ball joints, tie rods, universals etc. You don't need anything crazy anyway since you'll be cleaning the truck and re-applying grease at some point.

RC Qualifier
    you might consider using Sullivan Dry Ice on those joints.. it forms a waxy dirt repellent layer that keeps things lubed well.. great for metal to metal connections.

RC poster
    I know old post but thought I would bring up this same slight rubbing on the rear. I bought the MIP X-Duty CVDs for my 4x4 VXL Pede. I had to install some fuel tube in the shock to stop it from fully extending which was causing the binding/rubbing when the suspension was fully extended. I think I added too much fuel tube so then I moved my bottom shock mount point in one hole which gave me a little bit of the height back and still no rubbing.

RC Racer
    Mine was rubbing alot in the front and a little back. I dremelled the rubbing part. No issues now

RC Competitor
    Yeah i dremelled the carriers too and put heat shrink tub around them to help keep everything snugggggggg

RC Champion
    Exactly what my friends have done. Filed the part or dremeled it down a bit.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I use Integy carriers and mounted my MIP's reversed as shown in Pede Pede's pics. I have no rubbing issues...although I was prepared to dremel them if necessary as recommended in previous posts about this topic.