RC poster

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro and Speed Passion Silver Arrow V2.0

Ive been saving up for a brushless set up for my e revo to use during the summer.
    Ideally Id get mamba monster but if I did I would have to save up some more for lipos. so Im wondering how these two set ups apart would do on 4s.

thanks ahead

RC Champion
    looks neat that Speed Passion Silver Arrow V2.0
    Specs looks at a glance very similar to the CC MM
    whats the price difference.... never seen the set mentioned before in this forum, not meaning that its not ok,,
    I have a Hobbywing ESC and Motor ... works great and not mentioned either on this forum very often ;-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'd skip anything made by speed passion, they arent known for their quality really. MMPro esc and the 1415 2400kv motor combo castle sell would be great as a cheaper, milder setup that still does well on 4s lipo if geared correctly. Or, go for one of the hobbywing 2000/2200kv motors, very close to MMM power but somewhat cheaper, would be fine again with the MMPro & 4s lipo.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    At one time I was looking at hobbywing bl combos, but they never did come back in stock at nitrorcx or hobbypartz so i started looking at other combos.

RC poster
    Any ideas on how fast the mamba max is on 4s in the e revo?

RC Champion
    visit traxxas.com and look for the Erevo under products electric cars... theres is a fine chart showing the different speeds and gearings and cells ... If you however some place stumble over a Hobbywing combo EZrun for the 1/8 trucks.... do not hestitate if you are on a budget.....I have both CC and Hobbywing....
    It has never let me down (either one)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Enthusiast
    I myself are running Hobbywing EZrun in both my EREVO and SUMMIT and the service is great. The ECS is not waterproof but after a tmuble on the beach falling in the water it was replaced immediately by the agents.

RC Champion
    hobbywing is in my oppinion not done justice by having a bad reputation among people how have not owned one :-)
    great esc, great motor, great programming via board or pc , just like CC.. and the sound of the engine... actually like it better than CC .. and its full of punch
    Slightly Addicted

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top gear View Post
    Any ideas on how fast the mamba max is on 4s in the e revo?
    Not very fast at all without a motor- the mambamax is not suitable for use in the erevo as its only a little 3s 1/10 esc; you need ( to read the faq & tutorials... ) the MMPro at a minimum if you go with castle equipment.

Read, learn & enjoy:

EREVO FAQ
    TUTORIALS
    USEFUL LINKS

if you want cheap BL ideas for the erevo:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...shless-systems
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...