RC Champion

how to measure body post hole's on new bodie?

Hey guy's I just recieved my new unpainted Pro-Line Militia body today, but I'm not sure on how to measure out the hole's for the post's. Is there a certain way to do it, or is it by eye alone?
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    just sit it on the chassis. then mark the holes.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Competitor
    put the body on and make sure you have it where you want it then mark the body where the posts will come thru with a sharpie on THE OUTSIDE OF THE BODY and dont remove the protective film on the outside either until you are finished painting. Once you have it marked use a reaming tool for the best results drill will work but its harder to get it straight and look as good.
    4x4 Ultimate
    "Hold my beverage and watch this!"

RC Qualifier
    First I rough-cut the body so that it will fit over the chassis and tires, then mark my holes.

I will mark the center of the wheel openings, then rest the body on the posts and line up the marks to the center of the wheels. This centers it front to back.
    Next I look from above and (using a ruler if needed) line the body up left to right.
    Now the body should be centered, so I mark the post positions.

Before I actually make the holes I move the suspension and check for clearance, especially in the front with the tires turned. Occasionally I will move the body slightly forward or backward for tire clearance and remark the hole locations.

When I am happy with the placement I choose the set of holes I consider to be most critical (front or back) and drill them, then double check the alignment to the other holes and dril them.
    -- > Republic Racing < --

RC Champion
    you have it easy. you really want to try it on a painted body. lol
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus