Hybrid View

RC poster

Need help on my jato

I just traded in my old engine for a new engine. I installed the engine. Put the hex nut and the flywheel on along with the clutch and housing. Now, I go to start the jato and it does nothing. Flywheel won't spin. My battery for the ez start is fully charged and when I take off the clutch, I am able to use a socket to spin the piston up and down (goes kind of hard cuz its new) but as soon as I go back to trying the ez start, it freezes up. What can I do to resolve this issue?

RC poster
    Black hex spins the piston up and down but the flywheel I cannot budge. How do I get it off now?

RC poster
    Wen I loosen the glow plug up do I need to spin the flywheel n where is the flywheel kinda crazy ?

RC Racer
    To get the nut off you need to hold the flywheel with a pair of channel lock pliers (put a rag around it to protect it) and take the nut off with a wrench.
    New engines can be hard to turn over when they are new because of how tight they are. Try heating up the engine with a heat gun or a ahir dryer and it should turn over a lot easier. If not, you can loosen the glow plug about halfway and that will help sometimes.

RC poster
    The flywheel does not move when I spin the nut. So, it does not matter if I hold the flywheel or not, it will spin inside the flywheel.

RC Racer
    I'm confused. Is the engine in or out of the car? You turn the flywheel nut with a wrench and the flywheel doesn't turn?

RC Qualifier
    Im thinking you forgot the collar beheind the fly wheel?? Someone does make a piston stop(not sure who though) ,that may be what you need to get that nut off.
    Keep the shiny side up!