RC Qualifier

Ford Raptor body from Jconcepts

Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Still looks silly sitting up so high. I would hav thought they would have pictured it sitting lower on the truck. Nice looking body though. I just bought the version for the 2x4 pede... I wonder how different they are.

RC Enthusiast
    that would look sweet on mine prolly. I just did the mod where you lower the body

RC Racer
    i mite get this for my pede the body is all beat up

RC poster
    I'm just getting back into RC after a long layoff and it's crazy there aren't more prepainted bodies available such as this Raptor body. Seems to be a demand for it. Maybe it isn't that hard to paint a body but I sure don't think I'd be able to paint a body like the one included with my Pede.

RC Qualifier
    Nice! They got a supercrew raptor now? Might have to get another raptor body then!
    1 extended pede
    1 stock length pede
    Summit

RC Champion
    Blah the wheelbase is too short... won't look good if you lower it since you'll have to cut holes around the shocks.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I've already got a Ford Raptor body. It appears to be "normal" width, about the same as an SC truck, maybe a hair narrower. It's still in paint, but I'll be happy to post pix after so everyone can see how it fits.

Actually, my colors are turning out like nothing I had in mind, so I think I'm going to scrap it as a "functional" body, and just trim it up so I can get some pix up for everyone.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok, I took a few pix.

NOTE: This is NOT the body advertised in the first post! This is another version of the Raptor by JConcepts designed for a different chassis. I wanted something with a realistic width.

First thing to do is to reverse your front body mount:

Here's a fully chassis shot with reversed front body mount, and running 1/8 buggy tires:

Now add the body:

Then put on the truggy tires, which is what I actually run it with:

A couple important notes. I cut my body posts in half to lower the body. You can see in the pictures that this mod and body do a great job in covering the sides of the chassis. The body actually covers all but about 1/2" of the chassis tub.

I obviously will need to do a lot of wheel well trimming for the truggy tires. Any, with this body as my learning experience, although the body length is very close, you can see that the wheelbase of the body is longer than that of the chassis, and almost all of this difference is in the front end of my example. On my next attempt, I'll try to better center it overall.

For those wanting a body with better chassis coverage, try looking at SC sized bodies. Bring your truck to the HS, and set different bodies on it to see how it would work.

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread, but short body sides and gaps between body and chassis seem to be a common complaint, and taking a route similar to this should make things look a lot better.