RC Racer

long travel rockers

hey im setting up my erevo for bashing it will prolly never see the street just soft dirt or grass and lots of jumps. What is the best suspension set up? i just put on the stiffer springs blue rear silver front should i do the long travel rockers? or leave stock? p2 .. Also im going brushless and will use everything from 4 to 6s mmm
    ERBE, BRUSHLESS SUMMIT, EMBE

RC Champion
    I think the long travel rockers will make the Erevo more E maxx like,,,,,, if you go for that solution....and brushless you might want the swaybar kit as well if you do sharp turns out there in the dirt .......the E maxx really flips over a alot
    Slightly Addicted

RC Enthusiast
    i dunno why everyone says that the emaxx flips over alot....i think the problem is they are trying to turn too sharp with it...it's a monster truck...you can't just go full throttle and turn it all the way in one direction at high speed...of course it will flip...you have to learn how it handles...gradually turn at higher speeds and it won't flip....slower speeds you can turn sharper...that's just how it is for any model really....just the added ground clearance makes it harder to turn as sharp...but it's not a big deal really...just have to adjust your driving to fit the vehicle
    Traxxas E-maxx Brushless Edition

RC Champion
    The LTR will make the suspension very soft, even with the stiffer springs, so it's not that great for jumping.

RC Champion
    kilgoja... your right.. sorry E maxx.. it has become a bad word with the E maxx about the flip... not justified... of course a
    truck like the Emaxx will flip if you drive at high speed and turn the wheels..,, so will the Erevo and other trucks....
    Stupid to use the Emaxx for comparison (visualising matters) Lower truck, higher truck..

Sway bars I still think over LTR
    Slightly Addicted

RC Racer
    i want my revo to be like my maxx , i love my maxx i just got the revo because ive heard its more durable

RC Champion
    I dont know if its more durable but if its the Stock ERBE we are talking about , its a nice truck indeed , with the out of the box brushless setup etc
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    I p2 rockers, stiffest Traxxas springs in back, second stiffest on front. Purple/blue I believe? 70wt oil, with variable damping pistons in the offroad position. Spring pre-load very tight. Very good setup in my opinion. Many people would recommend the variable pistions. My Erevo has survived many a high jump.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Racer
    thank you i went with the p2 and stiffest springs (that come stock in the bag) Im liking the stance alot more i just like the monster truck look like on the emaxx better i still dont know why traxxas dosnt make a truck style body for the erevo.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by hco20001981 View Post
    thank you i went with the p2 and stiffest springs (that come stock in the bag) Im liking the stance alot more i just like the monster truck look like on the emaxx better i still dont know why traxxas dosnt make a truck style body for the erevo.
    They do, it's called the REVO body. Or the E-Maxx body. Proline also has quite a few truck bodies that will fit the EREVO.
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

RC Qualifier
    HCO, did you change the shock oil after you changed the springs?
    Last edited by varunaX; 01-25-2011 at 04:36 PM.

RC Racer
    No I didn't get that involved with it , I might try a little bit stiffer springs but the ride height is ok so far even when I added the mamba

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/d4d15295.jpg
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/c709521c.jpg
    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/q...1/d8d0229e.jpg

RC Qualifier
    are your spring preloads tightened at all with the silver and blue springs?

RC Racer
    No all I did was change springs, it's been fine so far

RC Qualifier
    can you take a pic of your springs and preload. i just wanna see where yours are sitting with that ride hide so i can copy

RC Qualifier
    cool. yeah you have a quite a bit of pre-load for those stiff springs. thats why it sits so high. id just be carefull taking it off high jumps, because if the chassis doesnt bottom out, your springs will take the entire impact and eventually break.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    cool. yeah you have a quite a bit of pre-load for those stiff springs. thats why it sits so high. id just be carefull taking it off high jumps, because if the chassis doesnt bottom out, your springs will take the entire impact and eventually break.
    I promise, if you manage to break the springs i'll give you a million doll... It's probably the only thing on the car that will never break.

RC Champion
    An other option is to use summit springs which are stiffer and longer then revo springs.

Im using double orange summit springs (F&R) with LT rockers and it makes for a good jumping setup.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s