RC Qualifier

Best Nimh's for the 1/16 e-revo?

Hey i dont want to go lipo. Im just wondering what are the best (max volts, max mah) NIMH batteries i can use for the mini e-revo? i read alot of posts where people just recommend lipos, but anyone have any recommendations for nimh's? also what is the mah rating of the stock battery that it comes with? thanks

stock batteries are 1200mah. as of nimh batteries duratrax 1600, venom 1600, e-bay has some also but dont know how good they are. have good experience with duratrax and venom nimh. towerhobbies.com has the venom 1600mah for 19.99 but you can get a combo for 29.99 with series connector and you get 4.99 shipping and taxes. duratrax has them for 19.99 as well. hope it helps
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    thanks mike. 1600 is as high as you can go? and these are 6 cell right? 6 cell 7.2? is there any difference i need to know about cause these are for a 1/16? i have a 6 cell right now for a 1/10

RC Qualifier
    I don't know if there is an official name for the size/type of 1/16 batteries, but the ones for the 1/10 trucks are way too large. So be sure the ones you buy will fit. They should say on the product page somewhere that it would be for a 1/16 or 1/18 scale RC.

I've not looked into the Nimh battery's as much as the lipo's, but so far the largest lipo Mah is 2300 that I've ran upon. I've also not seen another other than 6 cell/ 7.2v. You can get two batteries and run them in parallel to each other, and this will increase your run time. Running parallel more or less doubles the Mah, while running series doubles your voltage while run time stays the same as if you were running one battery.

Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    thanks mike. 1600 is as high as you can go? and these are 6 cell right? 6 cell 7.2? is there any difference i need to know about cause these are for a 1/16? i have a 6 cell right now for a 1/10
    i've only found those 1600mah batteries for the 1/16 scale traxxas models. these will fit perfectly in any of the 1/16's. the 1/10 scale are way to big for 1/16. i'm currently trying to get some 1/10 scale batteries to fit my merv but probably wont do it due to weight increase.

RC Qualifier
    i know, cause there are a ton of 7.2 5000 mah batteries on towerhobbies.com, but i doubt any of them would fit such a small car. too bad there is no section for 1/16 batteries on that site

the 1600mah batteries are work best for me when they are charged at 1-1.5amps with peak detecting. the batteries i listed work really good for me and got better after i cycled them 3 times they are holding their charge better and longer runs times now. hope this helps you. as a good charger just for nimh i would say duratrax onyx 100, 200, 210, or 220 whichever your budget. i would go with the 220 its adjustable to charge at 1.5 for the 1600 and 1amp for the stock batteries.

look on the venom battery page the link i put where it says dual battery combo. notice that they are out of the duratrax battery until feb but they have the venom right now if you are looking for some now.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXMZ7&P=ML
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXMN9&P=ML

Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    i know, cause there are a ton of 7.2 5000 mah batteries on towerhobbies.com, but i doubt any of them would fit such a small car. too bad there is no section for 1/16 batteries on that site
    look for 2/3a batteries under the duratrax batteries and the same with venom. those are the one's you need. i'll to post the link if i can to them both

forgot to mention with each of the chargers i mentioned, you have to get the charge lead to charge these. you can find that on the page of the batteries. its the duratrax lead.

RC Qualifier
    yeah so it looks like 1600 mah is the max for the mini erevo. promatch has them as 1600mah max as well

http://promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=7

heard good reviews about promatch batteries. the enger g are suppose to be good cells better than venom some say. its entirely up to the price for me and mah on the batteries right now at this point until later on.