RC Competitor

Stampede 4x4 electric Or slass 4x4 ultimate eletric

any help will be appreciated!! i dont know which one to get people tell me to stay away from the pede because it flips all the time anyone please stear my in the right direction

RC Competitor
    what do you want to do with it ST4x4 is a great bashing truck and all out fun SL4x4 is a grat track truck and you can bash if you are looking to go out and have fun the ths ST4x4 the 4x2 will flip more the th 4x4
    stampede vxl 4x4
    slash 4x4
    summit

RC Racer
    +1 for the stampede 4x4.

RC Competitor
    im looking for it to be just a hobby rig nothing fansy!!! iv hurd the pede 4x4 wheelies and flips real easy no matter what you have the wheelie bar set at! not sure if its true or not

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The smaller tires and longer chassis of the slash will definitely result in fewer wheelies and fewer wheelie-over-backwards flips. The slash being lower will also help with side rolling or traction rolling in a corner. But in terms of fun... the slash is a bigger truck with smaller tires and a bigger body... overall it will feel like a bigger truck. The pede is shorter, smaller body with bigger tires. It will feel like a smaller MONSTER truck. Id go with pede...

RC Enthusiast
    Gotta play devil's advocate here..... i can't let all you pede guys point him in the wrong direction!!

No really, i've driven them both, own the slash and love it. That said if i were going to get another truck it would very likely be a pede 4x4. would i give up the slash for the pede? no, but it sure is a close second.

I have quite a bit of room to run at higher speeds and it isn't extrodinarily rough terrain so the slash is more suited for me. If you are just going to be running around the yard going over tall jumps the pede is the way to go, if you're into speed the pede is much more unstable and not the way to go.

Also you're making a choice that isn't really too permaneant. The slash 4x4 and the pede 4x4 parts lists are exceptionally close. If you decided you didn't like the pede and wanted to make the switch (and visa versa) you would only have to buy a few parts: Chassis, Drive Shaft, Body Mounts, Body, Tires/Wheels and if you want to the springs on the slash are progressive vs linear on the pede 4x4 (somewhere between 80-100 total on ebay)

Good luck...
    Slash 4x4/Slash 2wd
    RPM EVERYTHING!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    x40235 for the Stampede. I just got done running mine. This thing is the easiest, most durable truck i've ever owned. I've finally found a model where I don't need to upgrade because I'm bored with it!!! I put mine through heck (filter ) and it just keeps going. I've had my share of broken axle yokes and split stub axles, but that's all part of the fun.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

IMO the two truck look like they perform very much like their 1:1 counter parts. So you just need to decide do you want a SC race truck or a Monster truck.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    ^^agreed. I like the stampede because I'm a basher and like the wheelies but like dad said it just personal preference.
    If it ain't dirty get it dirty

RC Racer
    Id ask you what you do more with your RC's. If you go to the track every weekend I'd tell you to buy the Slash 4x4 Ultimate. If you pick up the radio and you toss the truck in the front yard and hit a kicker for 30 minutes, chase the dog, or make a trip to the local track twice a year, I'd tell you to buy the Stampede 4x4. It really depends on what your gonna do with the truck when you pick up that radio.
    Drive it, Break it, Fix it, Love it, Repeat

RC Competitor
    thanks everyone but i guess im not going to buy a r/c i cant make up my mine dont want to pay all that money and not like it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by biglyboy6 View Post
    thanks everyone but i guess im not going to buy a r/c i cant make up my mine dont want to pay all that money and not like it
    That is a sell out if I have ever heard one!.. Man up and make a choice! Do Eenie meeine miney moe if you have to! Either way they are a BLAST and if you have any doubt then you for sure shouldn't waste your hard earned? money!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure where your hearing that the pede 4x4 wheelie's and flips all the time... maybe your referring to the 2x4 pede? My pede 4x4 runs smooth and stays on all four unless I hit or go over something. But on 3s it might flip and wheelie a little in high traction places but overall this thing doesn't flip is much as I thought it would. Both great overall trucks IMO.
    Mini Slash
    Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by biglyboy6 View Post
    LAME! Come on! You will NOT be disappointed with a Traxxas product, especially either of these trucks. The Slash4 won how many truck of the year awards? More than a few. And next year, look for the Pede4 to clean up. Trust us...once you get one, either one...you'll be hooked.
    Parts are cheap...glory lasts forever.

RC Racer
    Ya if you get one of them and you don't like it and are in the giving mood I'd take it off your hands for ya!!

RC Racer
    I agree with both TrickTraxxas3 and Dadx2mj. It is all about where you plan on driving. I think everyone here would agree they are both awesome trucks.

I've had my Slash Platinum since release. I love the truck. I added some RPM and GH Racing stuff, but for the most part have kept the setup stock. It handles great, jumps great, and is extremely durable. On 2S Lipo, the truck is plenty fast, gets awesome run time on 5000 mah packs, and has been problem free. I will say that grass bashing in thicker stuff isn't exactly the Slash4's strong suit.

I got the Pede4 a couple months ago. Upgraded a few things, but kept the setup stock. I only have a couple packs through it (it's dang cold here) but I love the truck already. In my opinion, it's a better basher than the Slash4 simply for ride height and tire size. The truck does wheelie, but on 2S is far from uncontrollable and a flip over machine. I did cartwheel it more than 50 yards across tarmac at almost 50 MPH on 3S, when it was 10 below zero, and only broke the wheelie bar. Durablility isn't an issue.

I don't race. The only track I hit is the one I built in my back yard. For me, the Pede4 makes more sense as I'm a basher. The truck still gives you tons of customization options, and more will come as the truck gains some age on the market. The choice, ultimately is up to you. Want to race? Slash4. Want to bash? Pede4. Want a little of both... Buy both

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by evanhuntrc View Post
    Want to race? Slash4. Want to bash? Pede4. Want a little of both... Buy both
    Wow that is a keeper!!!

RC Racer
    This video might help but it is a personal preferance!!!As far as rollovers its going to happen no matter what but as Ive seen the 4x4 can really handle sharp turns even on pavement with learning how far to get the rear end out! For me that was half the fun, taiming the beast, very vun once you can learn to get it to the point of about to flipp and ride on the side to wheels and roll on out of it w/o flipping completely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOObs3m1deo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickTraxxas3 View Post
    Wow that is a keeper!!!
    Haha! Go big or go home, dang it

RC Racer
    hes not an R/Cer if thats the only reason hes not buying one! i've had both, and now i have just one, 4x4pede! but if your worried about the money you can get a New Bright R/C there nice and cheap!! (;