RC Champion

Slash Wheels and Tires

I'm thinking of getting new OFF-ROAD wheels and tires for my Slash, and I noticed that no-one on this forum seems to have anything apart from stock wheels installed. Are there any other good ones available or are the stock ones the best?

I was thinking of the Team Losi Mini Desert Truck wheels and tires, they look good.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-31-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    have a look at the rally wheels that some are using.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC Qualifier
    ive heard of one sort off road tire besides stock that thet kyosho mini inferno wheels, they have a couple diff tread patterns, all you would need is the drill bit to drill out the center hole, it's a little samaller, thats a simple fix tho, and the hexes from a mini inferno, i think there 8mm in stead of ten, this is what ive heard dont have them tho, and if ur realy wanna go crazy you can get paddle but that's pricy.

MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFlash View Post
    ive heard of one sort off road tire besides stock that thet kyosho mini inferno wheels, they have a couple diff tread patterns, all you would need is the drill bit to drill out the center hole, it's a little samaller, thats a simple fix tho, and the hexes from a mini inferno, i think there 8mm in stead of ten, this is what ive heard dont have them tho, and if ur realy wanna go crazy you can get paddle but that's pricy.

can you give me a link to those paddles? and yeah i think those kyosho wheels wud work good
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Qualifier
    These are the exact things i used. the wheels can only be bought at the toyz or on ebay from the tozy i believe
    http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T
    http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...cat_name=RC18T

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash116vxl View Post
    I'm thinking of getting new OFF-ROAD wheels and tires for my Slash, and I noticed that no-one on this forum seems to have anything apart from stock wheels installed. Are there any other good ones available or are the stock ones the best?
    no-one has other wheels?
    are u sure?

Tamiya Rally Blocks

and like this i`ve got 4 sets of spare tires & wheels to play with

Drift, Stock, Rain, & Foam
    franz
    greetings from holland
    www.rcm-alkmaar.nl

RC Qualifier
    and it depends on what kind of surface your playing, but if you reverse the tread on the stock tiren, like putting the left tires to the right side, and the right tires to the left side... grip instandly is twice more grippier on loose gravel, but this way the M-slash is likely to get griprolls in the corner
    franz
    greetings from holland
    www.rcm-alkmaar.nl

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by franzD1 View Post
    no-one has other wheels?
    are u sure?

Tamiya Rally Blocks

and like this i`ve got 4 sets of spare tires & wheels to play with

Drift, Stock, Rain, & Foam
    what wheels are you using? can you mount them on like any 1/10 touring car rim or do u need a special type?

RC Racer
    I really wish they had better after market tire support for the Slash. We race on hard clay so those tires are too aggressive. I am interested in the mini Inferno tires. Thos are similar to the Traxxas response and look good for racing but the Toyz have been out of stock for quite some time. Has anyone tried the mini Inferno tires?
    1/16Revo,1/16Slash,1/10Erevo,1/10Slash Spektrum+KO

RC Qualifier
    Standard touring rims work like off most drifters. 24mm,26 mm, and 32mm look cool and clear fine. I know the nitro4tecs are bolt on too.
    I was thinking of the Team Losi Mini Desert Truck wheels and tires, they look good.
    I know mini t type wheels are not bolt on so if the mini desert trucks are the same they won't work

Quote Originally Posted by franzD1 View Post
    no-one has other wheels?
    are u sure?

Tamiya Rally Blocks
    Those fit on standard touring car wheels. 1.9 in bead diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFlash View Post
    what wheels are you using? can you mount them on like any 1/10 touring car rim or do u need a special type?
    1/10 touring car rims work and are super cheap
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC poster
    Pretty Good Idea!! good luck on finding some good wheels (TIP go on proline.com)
    Huge RUSTLER FAN OVER HERE! XD XD

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i just got a set of 4 touring car rims for $12 from the local hobby store. they are actually working quite well on my merv.... just i can't do grass right now, i did have to dremel a slight bevel on the inner edge because it would rub my rpm a-arm at full turn

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Rustlers View Post
    Pretty Good Idea!! good luck on finding some good wheels (TIP go on proline.com)
    There wasn't any proline.com but I did go to http://prolineracing.com/ . All they have are the standard 2.2 wheels. No wheels or tires that are similar in size to the mini slash. People use them on merv often but I think the other posters are wanting tires to stay under the body? I have a message sent to a seller on ebay about the dimensions on a front set of hpi buggy 18b tires. If his reply tells me they fit a standard touring wheel I will post up the listing here. Pin tires and they look stock tires size. I am sure there would be a lot of interest.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Champion
    The Tamiya Rally Blocks look good, I will probably get them. I like the paddles, but they look way too small in the wheelarches, and bigger paddles such as the Pro-Line Sand Paws don't fit. Shame

RC Racer
    What yellow wheels are those and where can we get them?

RC Competitor
    try Hpiracing.com for rims the have a wide selection and they are pretty standard plus the have a lot of styles and off set to fit what you are looking for i think the yellow ones ones are koyoshe mini inferno rims my spelling might not be right

RC Qualifier
    check ebay and thetoys.com for Kyosho Mini Inferno tires/wheels. You will need a different hex for the mini inferno wheels.

Right after the Slash/ERevo came out I found a nice set of pro-line crimefighters and dish wheels - both are no longer offered by PL.
    It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    A pic of the PL Crimefighters on my Slash.

It is not a TOY!

RC Racer
    I like how those rally block tires look. I'll have to grab some up too
    1/16 Slash, 1/16 Summit, T-Maxx .15, E-Maxx 3908