RC Enthusiast

Max amps lipos.. newer technology...

Hey guys! I'm not new to the Traxxas spartan forum, been off here for like 5 years, and recently got that itch to get all 3 of my Spartans going again.. some of the longer posters on this forum might remember me... I was previously Rcforever27... now posting as Rcforever32... hints my age lol,I've been reading tons of posts and catching up,and re learning lots of things... glad to be back! Sorry for the long intro, but I've been ordering quite a few parts for my boats, and was just wondering if anyone has seen or used the newer max amps 6500 mah, 150c dual core.. rated lipos... I kno the 150c rating is measured different than most lipo companies through my research on these forums,...thanks for any info guys! And it's nice to be back and see a lot of familiar names still on the spartan forum...��

Ps., I have pics of the webpage on those batteries, but I'm alil rusty on attaching pics to the threads...
    Last edited by Rcforever32; 10-13-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Max amps lipos.. newer technology...

6500mAh is probably valid. 150c is bogus or at least not comparable to other ratings, and all that "dual core" means is "two cells in parallel."
    There are much better deals for equivalent or better products.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 10-13-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Gotcha, yea that's what I figured, I have 2 Traxxas 8400 mah 25c lipos, so far so good on them, just charged them up and balanced them for the first time again in like 4 years, and no puffing and took a good charge... I'll stick with those I guess lol...so far they didn't do me wrong.. thanks for the info Ksb51rl!

RC Enthusiast
    My only issue with the 8400's are they are quite heavy, but once I get my boats going again I'm gonna be focusing on my setup... and will be experimenting on battery placement and trim tab setup as well as the strut angle...

RC Racer
    Welcome back! Depending on your upgrades, those heavy batteries may serve you well. The faster my boats get the more weight forward I need. Lol. If you've been away from your boats that long you have a lot of upgrade options now. Have fun with it!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Doug! I have been reading a lot of posts, and especially a lot of your posts, awesome information and it definitely really gave me that itch to get them going again . Look forward to more posts and more reading to learn a lot more , this hobby keeps you on your toes and you never stop learning and tinkering lol �� Cannot wait to get the boats back in the water��