RC Competitor

Getting to slipper clutch?

Hello guys. I must be missing something. What is the easiest method to get to the slipper clutch to make an adjustment. It appears to me that the clear shield covering the shaft prevents reaching the slipper. And the only method to get the shield off is to unscrew and lift up the ESC and receiver from the from to allow access to the screws holding the shield in place. I made an adjustment already, but did so by loosening the four screws in the rears, pulling the rear end out and removing the entire slipper. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Surely you are not required to remove that shield everytime you need to make an adjustment. Right? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
    Stampede 4x4, Blade MSR & MCX, Micro Rock Crawler

RC Qualifier
    It says to loosen the nut and roll the truck forward or backward.. I haven't tried it yet test drove it a few times and re-boxed it for xmas =( ..I'm 38 and supposedly "santa" is getting it for me but I read it in the manual!

RC Competitor
    Yeah, I know. The problem is getting to the nut. It is under the clear shield above the inner shaft connecting to the slipper. I just am not believing you have to remove the ESC, receiver, and clear shield to get to that nut. And then put all that back. Of course, you can leave the shielf off after removal, but I run in ridiculously dusty conditions and appreciate the whole shield concept from letting stuff fall in and around that pretty anodized shaft. Could prevent future noise situations from occurring due to rocks or whatever grinding along the spinning shaft too.
    Stampede 4x4, Blade MSR & MCX, Micro Rock Crawler

RC Qualifier
    Looking at the manual it looks like you do have to take all that stuff of to get the driveshaft cover off. Unless you've done one of the mods like the 4x4 slash guys have done you will still get a lot of stuff into that area because of the hole at the front of the chassis so taking that off totally might not be a bad thing.

RC Racer
    It would be easier to take of the rear end. The slipper assembly drops right out and you only removed 4 screws.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    It would be easier to take of the rear end. The slipper assembly drops right out and you only removed 4 screws.
    Dead easy and done in less than 10 minutes
    Stampede 4x4VXL (x3)