RC poster

Bearings for slash

Thar is a guy selling a complete bearing kit for the slash 4x4 on Ebay for about 21 $. Would any of you by this. What are the best bearings for the slash I seem to be having to replace some so I would like to just replace all of them.

Thanks for the help.

RC Qualifier
    I can only comment on ACER ceramic bearings which are used in my 4x4 just for racing as I don't bash with it, I use the ERBE for that. Really good bearings that spin freely. But your about to get other suggestions soon, so I'd wait till pulling that trigger on that ebay item.
    JESUS says: "Fix it B4 it Breaks!"

RC poster
    I use the truck in dust and sand if that helps.

RC Qualifier
    I use Boca bearings with very good results. I bash in dirt and dust as well. Although they offer a wide range of quality and prices, I've mostly used the Boca econo series and a few green seals with good results.
    Slash4x4 1512
    LST2 1717
    Muggy 1518
    ERBE 1515

RC Champion
    I've ordered a boca set AND a yeah (I think that's it - mabey yehar) bearings for my unopened until Christmas ultimate plus a king heads motor mount with uprated bearing. Only had a couple of bearing failures on my merv but they have both been catastrophic - wreaking gearbox or wheel hub so believe in getting the best you can. Boca seem to have the best reviews overall. HTH but I haven't run my slash yet so I'll feedback when I do - will probably upgrade bearings before 1st run
    Time I enjoy wasting is not time wasted

RC Champion
    I use Avid bearings. $1.00 a piece and $5.00 for ceramic bearings. At a $1.00 I don't even bother cleaning them any more and they seem to hold up just fine. They also ship quick, I usually have them in 3 days.
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC poster

bearings for slash

just wanted to say thanks for the kind words guys. and to also let you know we do have the Slash kit in a 99 Cent bearing kit, so it is only $32.99 for 33 bearings. we would consider this kit comparable to your stock bearings, so keep that in mind if. if you are looking for an upgrade we do have other kits available here:

http://www.bocabearings.com/search.a...204WD&Feature=

let me know if you have any questions.

jason@bocabearings.com
    Jason
    BOCA BEARINGS
    jason@bocabearings.com

RC Qualifier
    Company reps poppin up all over, crazy lol.

RC Racer
    I bought a $10 set of rubber sealed bearings off ebay several months back to keep in my box for spares, I know one or two of them have been in the truck for a couple months and I have not had any issues. They were a little tight when new, but I took the truck totally apart last week for a cleaning and could not tell which ones they were cause all of them are spinning freely.