RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

$20 price increase at tower

Anyone else notice that tower just jacked up the price by $20. If you preordered (as I did) you still get it for $399... but its now listed at $419... to me... thats a little high. I really figured we'd see the price come DOWN a bit before shipping to match up with the slash 4X4 base... but apparently not. Now that I think about it, its REALLY crazy this Pede 4X4 is $40 more than a Slash 4X4 of equal specs. The slash has a bigger more expensive body and uses non standard wheels (meaning they are only made for that vehicle). It also has larger and more expensive front and rear bumpers (though the pede does have a wheelie bar)

The pede on the other hand has a smaller, standard body (been around for a long time), uses standard wheels that have been around for a long time and has a smaller bumper... why is it $40 more... other than that its new.

Oh well.
    Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 12-02-2010 at 05:27 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    Strange, maybe they figured they could squeeze a little more money outa all ya Stampede fans.
    I'd like to buy a MERV from them in the not too distant future. To sit beside my Red Rusty VXL. should be awesome
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

I got a Tower catalog yesterday, and it lists the Slash at $409. Maybe they are all going up in price.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Competitor
    My guess it they're taking advantage of the "early adopters" as you often see with new releases. I would guess that they price will eventually drop to be more in line with the Slash 4x4 pricing.

I also saw that the tower membership price went to $20...how long has this been the case? I swear that it was only $10 not to long ago.

It appears the Slash 4x4 (standard VXL w/ 2.4) is listed at $379.98 @ tower still...
    Last edited by Bcsandman; 12-02-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    Stampede VXL
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro 4Tec VXL

tower is a good hobby shop for most parts and rtr's but you can get deals at your LHS if you ask them to match the price sometimes they will. Tower matches prices of other hobby shops too so just ask and try to get the best price you can. doesnt hurt to ask right?
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Busselton, Western Australia... but where in Busselton... that's what we do not know...
    It might be for the Christmas rush. Many places put their prices up before Christmas, and then down afterwards...
    Can you break a Rusty?
    Umm...No...No, you can't.

RC Racer
    I noticed this and then I realised if you use tower coupons it actually comes out $5 cheaper.
    E-RevoMMM2200
    Revo3.3MMM2200
    EB48/HW2650

My LHS now has them in stock for $374.95

LINK
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    They are a company. Their goal is to make as much money as possible. They will take advantage of everybody that absolutely has to have one and make a bunch of extra money. Then they will lower the prices as soon as the first wave of buyers is over. Unless you REALLY want it just wait till its lowered.
    So I taped my hamster to the Pede..

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustin'RedRusty View Post
    It might be for the Christmas rush. Many places put their prices up before Christmas, and then down afterwards...
    move to the UK they have high prices full stop.
    slash revo vxl x4 rally x2 ped 2wd slash vxl rus

RC poster
    I got lucky. Ordered my Stampede from Tower when the price was still $399 and I was able to use a coupon code that I received via e-mail to get another $60 off. Free shippin and no tax, so a pretty good deal. Now I just hope it gets here in time for Christmas.

RC poster
    I think tower does that to make something back b/c so many use the discount codes.

RC Champion
    rcplanet has them in stock for $394.95.
    Jones
    Having too much fun!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    tower is a good hobby shop for most parts and rtr's but you can get deals at your LHS if you ask them to match the price sometimes they will. Tower matches prices of other hobby shops too so just ask and try to get the best price you can. doesnt hurt to ask right?
    If tower does a price match, you are not allowed to use the coupon codes... they WOULD match the price for my buggy, but if they did, i could not use a code.. yet amain had the lower price, AND i could use a code.. plus faster shippig and no tax... tower is pretty bad now for people in Nevada or Illinois.
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle

RC Qualifier
    I am just going to wait until they drop their price, their price fluctuates all the time + or - $20 here and there for the slashes, stampedes, rustlers etc. I am sure in the new year when the hype has worn off, they will drop again, I ll wait until they are cheaper, or just buy a roller and transfer my electrics.

RC Champion
    My LHS gets thier parts from Tower or thier suppliers. What ever Tower's and Horizon price is my LHS beats. Whatever they sell she can get. Gotta support my LHS every chance I can.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    My LHS gets thier parts from Tower or thier suppliers. What ever Tower's and Horizon price is my LHS beats. Whatever they sell she can get. Gotta support my LHS every chance I can.
    Online shopping kills smaller buisnesses like LHSs. I get my parts from them to if If its about the same price as online or even a little more. If you don't buy from them once in a while there wont be any LHS =(