RC Qualifier

is this possible ????

i have a 1/16 slash i really don`t use it . i`d like to convert the slash to the rally car . has anyone done this ? from what i can see it looks like it can be done . i`d use the rally car an awfull lot more .

RC Champion
    Short answer ..YES

Morten
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    boo yeah man . is it a matter of swaping tires and body mounts adding a bumper ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You will have to changue shock oil, diff oil, shock springs, also the shocks has a travel limiter, so it would be better get the complete set of rally shocks. I guess the motor pinion too. Do not have any of those vehicles so canīt give you the exact info but pretty much you have to look at those parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    You will have to changue shock oil, diff oil, shock springs, also the shocks has a travel limiter, so it would be better get the complete set of rally shocks. I guess the motor pinion too. Do not have any of those vehicles so canīt give you the exact info but pretty much you have to look at those parts.
    i did notice the different colour springs . as for shock oil what do ya think .... 45wt or higher ? as for the limiter i can cut a piece of silicon fuel line or some small O-rings to limit that .

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    From what I can tell its definitely the front bumper and body mount, the shocks have a tiny rubber limiter in them so you could just do that yourself with fuel tubing (as youve said) the diff fluid weight may be different but that shouldent stop you from converting (especially if its heavier in the slash, I think the rally could use some heavier diff fluid) and the stock slash springs could just be compressed tighter on the limited shocks (it wouldnt be perfect but it would at least get you running. Add a set of 1/10 touring car wheels and tires and your done.
    From what i can see the most expensive part of the conversion woudl be getting the body... they are selling for over $40 shipped on e-bay right now (from the chop shops)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    i have a 1/16 slash i really don`t use it . i`d like to convert the slash to the rally car . has anyone done this ? from what i can see it looks like it can be done . i`d use the rally car an awfull lot more .
    Nobody has "done it" yet, because of course the parts required for the conversion aren't available yet. But that wouldn't stop someone that used one of the chop shops/junkyards on eBay to acquire the neccessary body, body mounts, and front bumper. The tires, since they're a standard Touring Car sized rim, are readily available - and limiting the travel of the shocks should be pretty simple. The stock Rally comes with 60wt oil in the shocks, so that should be easy too.
    Otherwise, the rest of the vehicle is entirely the same.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robs4rc View Post
    Nobody has "done it" yet, because of course the parts required for the conversion aren't available yet. But that wouldn't stop someone that used one of the chop shops/junkyards on eBay to acquire the neccessary body, body mounts, and front bumper. The tires, since they're a standard Touring Car sized rim, are readily available - and limiting the travel of the shocks should be pretty simple. The stock Rally comes with 60wt oil in the shocks, so that should be easy too.
    Otherwise, the rest of the vehicle is entirely the same.
    i`m going to get shopping . calling for snow around here and its getting real cold . time to start the indoor touring and now soon to be rally

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    i`m going to get shopping . calling for snow around here and its getting real cold . time to start the indoor touring and now soon to be rally
    Just looked on eBay, and there's 166 listings under "Traxxas Rally." Sure a few of them are complete kits, but the majority are individual items (pieces and parts) listed by the chop shops (stay away from "xtrememe enterprises," they're bad news) so you should be able to find what you need to get yours ready.

I ran mine on carpet, with foams, last week and it was great. Lots of fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by robs4rc View Post
    Just looked on eBay, and there's 166 listings under "Traxxas Rally." Sure a few of them are complete kits, but the majority are individual items (pieces and parts) listed by the chop shops (stay away from "xtrememe enterprises," they're bad news) so you should be able to find what you need to get yours ready.

I ran mine on carpet, with foams, last week and it was great. Lots of fun.
    thanks for the info i`ll make a note of that seller . i am sure the local track will have a new class . so we will be racing to the wee hours of the morning

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    ...the shocks have a tiny rubber limiter in them so you could just do that yourself with fuel tubing (as youve said)...
    It's actually a piece of plastic. Not that it makes a difference what it is, just an fyi. Also if using fuel tubing just be very careful they are all the same length. And I'm not sure but I think the spur may be a different size.
    Traxxas Rally Car
    3.3 Maxx
    Xray XT8
    TC3

RC Champion
    i have just sat the rally body on the slash. and you could get it running with just a body mount mod.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketrocketracer View Post
    turok
    How does it fit over the rear bumper? I was thinking of getting one to protect my rear end.
    just had another look. and it will hang out around 10mm so some slots would need to be cut out in the body.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turok View Post
    just had another look. and it will hang out around 10mm so some slots would need to be cut out in the body.
    i am going to replace tires and tune the suspension first . run it like that for a bit . thanks for the info turok , that roughly confirms the wheel stance .