Thread: SPC lipos?

RC Qualifier

SPC lipos?

Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing the smaller sized lipos anymore on the website. Anybody know anymore on this? I know some people talk to the guy who runs this so I was hoping for a little insider info. I have been waiting for months now and maybe should just go with another brand....
    Rally SV2/4600 and fully loaded

Sounds like they went to a different supplier so they may have removed them in order to update their description and pictures for when they do come into stock. I too have been waiting for a couple months...
    The Super Derecho

I have talked to Tom about this several times because I am in need of packs for my MERV. He has been beating the bush trying to find a new source for the mini packs that will meet his standards, his last supplier basically changed their deal making it impossible for him to offer the same quality for a reasonable price. My understanding is the end is now in sight and a new supplier has been found that can meet SPC's standards at a reasonable price, in fact I am lead to believe the new packs will be of a higher quality and spec for a reasonable price. If you look around like I have I think you will see their are not a lot of quality choices for this platform. I for one am holding out until SPC gets the new packs in stock, it sounds like it will be soon.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 05-09-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im the same boat as you guys and got the same answer from Tom. In this case, patience will pay off, the new packs will be amazing.
    Dad, are you saying youve actually used up some MERV packs... thats impressive. I dont ever seem to keep packs long enough to wear them out. Im looking forward to the day I can say "Well... that pack is used up"... that will be a good day. hehe

RC Qualifier
    Subscribed... post updates here. I remember to check the SPC site only occasionally, won't want to miss it when the mini packs are up.
    The prototype project.

Dad, are you saying youve actually used up some MERV packs...
    LOL yeah several as a matter of fact. I buy two packs for each truck I have and I think this is the 3rd round of lipos I have used up in my MERV. I dont run as much has I used to but Tom has often referred to me as a "human battery testing machine". I had a pair of 2s packs for my Rusty that I kept logs on, I put over 350 cycles on that pair of packs in 3 months time.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power