RC Qualifier

How Fast are 540 Motors?

How fast are 540 motors? Compared to - for a point of reference - the Stinger or a 17T motor?

RC Racer
    540 is only the size of the motor it doesn't refer to the actual rpm at all, but generally a larger motor is more powerful. Mainly due to that most take 14.4 volts, rather that 7.2 like a normal 540, but once again less turns means more rpm, more winds means more top end acceleration.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Big_Shanaenae's Avatar

Those are 540 size motors.......

Originally posted by Cruiser
    How fast are 540 motors? Compared to - for a point of reference - the Stinger or a 17T motor?
    The "540" refers to the standard Can size. Did you mean to ask about "550" size motors, like on the E-Maxx?
    Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire
    and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!

RC Qualifier
    No, I meant to ask about a 540 motor. Someone told me they had a truck with a "540" motor on it, and I had no idea what meant ... I thought it was equivelant to somehow to the winds and turns on the motor, but I guess not.

Anyway, I take it that a 540 size motor is the size the should be used on the Pede ...

RC Qualifier
    baicly less restance means moor rpm so what ever u do from the center of the cell to the other end of the cell around the eletronic loop the faster u do the main factor is the armature so the less turns the less ristance so the moor rpm and haveing moor windso or larger wire also has less ristance so moor rpm so if u do a few things that im not going to say when u get the motor u can makes it go faster and a speed control with very little ristance will increase your speed makeing your cells side xside will make it faster granted u can solder or going to direct solder for the motor and battery thees are all things that we do for raceing but isent realy need for back yard bashing
    IN GOD WE TRUST