RC poster

Whats the Biggest Engine for a t-maxx

Can anyone tell me how big the engine can get on a t-maxx or what is the most powerful? Thanx
    Ride Fasssssssst!!!!

RC Racer
    If you wake a chassis for it you can put those 4 cylinder airplane engines, maybe even a zenoah engine. I think the biggest engine right now that you can put in (with a kit of course) is the OS .40, but the most powerful is probably a very High end, very expensive .21 w/over 7 ports
    mimes + nitro rc = SCREAMING MUTES

Traxxas to T-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    before you start trying to go faster(the thing handles onroad like a bear) get theese hop-ups, first, than you can start getting going faster and faster, the truck is plenty fast for now, remember that the stock engin is in the 4-tech, what i think you have, from reading your other posts, here is what you should get!

lemmie see, the normal, 1 gallon of gas, 2 glow plugs, fuel filter, glow igniter, and ez start battery, charger, new wallet :grin:
    what i want you to get, in order, better stearing servo(rememper to put the stock stearing servo on the throttle and breaks),rechargavle battery pack for the truck, rpm shock towers,denatured alchahole(for the oneway) proline suspention kit, or rpm wide rims, pull start and a faster shifter servo

Than you can start geting new moters, and stuff, and remember, you WILL halve to upgrade your driveline for a new moter like a .21
    Hood on car, 20, me 2
    and, btw, it runs good!!!

RC Racer
    I didn't know that RPM made wider arms...maybe i should check their site more often. And you don't have to buy all of thoise things before you get a bigger motor. I would suggest the stronger stearing sevo and putting your stock servo in the reins of throttle and braking. And if you get a new engine you won't need the denatured alchohol solvent.

Traxxas to T-Maxx

RC poster

Cool

Hey about how much will all that stuff cost at like a locle hobby shop? can i run the truck on Blue thunder 20%? because thats what i have for my Ofna Nitro Z-10 which is in the shop right now getting fixed from the accident I had with the Curb at about 50, Hit an oil slick and Boom
    Ride Fasssssssst!!!!

RC Racer
    Blue thunder is Fine. Recommended in the manual. How much will all what stuff cost? If you get a good High Torque servo from www.towerhobbies.com it'll cost about 35 bux. New RPM A-Arms all around will cost 40 bux for the whole truck. The Pro-Line suspension will cost 80. Good Rechargable battery pack'll cost around 35 bux...then another $5-60(yes 5-60) for the charger. Pull start(I recommend, will save you lots of EZ Start probs) will cost around 15. The faster servo thing I do not recommend, it pulls the traany plenty fast. And the shock towers all around'll cost about a total of 30.

Now here is what I recommend: Throttle Return spring, Fail Safe unit, New Air Cleaner(Motor Saver Air Filter), and After Run Oil, that's about it.

Traxxas to T-Maxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Dozer Maxx you missed one thing on your list air filter oil Good list though. Before I give you a list of what to get tell me what you what your maxx to do???

RC poster

Bashin

I just want to drive it in a bunch of off road and jumps Big Air Jumps also Climing big steep Hills. Was thinking about the .21 conversion kit anyone know how much that runs?
    Ride Fasssssssst!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    From what Iv seen a .21 conversion kit can cost as little as $130 on the cheap side or as much as $285. Thats without the engine. And you will need to upgrade other parts that will not come in the kits like trans gears diff gears and so on in the drive line to make your maxx run good and not break. Have you looked at the top end .15s that are out there to see if theres one you might like.