RC Qualifier

Is the Blue Wire Positive or Negative???

OK, I am an idiot ... but I am so new at this that I've got a lot of dumb questions.

Just bought a used motor from one of my buddies. The stock ESC has a black (negative) and red (positive) wire, but the motor has Blue and White. Which one's positive, and which one's negative? I don't want to reverse these and fry something ...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Big_Shanaenae's Avatar

Lightbulb I'd ask your buddy for the Directions!

What's the name of it? Lots of these Motors have on-line manuals.

BUT, if i had to guess. Blue is Negative, and White is Positive.
    Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire
    and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!

RC Qualifier
    darker color is always going to be the black(positive?)
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Jesus loves you. Then again, so does Barney.

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird
    religious cult.

RC Qualifier
    blakc is negatrive, i know on my esc blue is negative, but on the endbell of your motor, it should have a little plus sign to indicate which side is positive, incase he solderd it on which ever way
    Traxxas Rules Everything Else Drules
    http://rc-hqs.tripod.com- check it out!!! There is Now a LIVE CHAT ROOM and a FORUM so go right now and check it out!! Don't forget to sign the guestbook!!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Stampede101 is on top of it. Look for the marking on the endbell. Chances are he soldered the wires on so colors might not mean squat, as he could have soldered them in whatever order he desired at the time.
    Be vewy vewy quiet,
    I'm hunting trolls...

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up

THE DARKER IS NEGATIVE, THE LIGHTER IS POSITIVE.
    road kill

RC Qualifier
    Well first of all if u wire it backwards it wont fry anything, so no worriys there. If it is wired backwards the braking afect will work backwards.

but look on the endbell of the motor and it should have a little "+" on one side of it that would be the hot side. If it doesnt not have the "+", it would make the most sence to me that white would be hot (same as red) and blue would be the ground(same as black) BUT i just got a APEX speedo that has white and blue instead of red and black and it is white=black and blue=red

So all i can say is i would true it blue=black and white=red, if it is backwards change it, i have messed up and wired a few backwards and i have NEVER had a problem.
    Stock emaxx-$310
    RPM A-arms- $50
    RPM shock towers-$30
    Ti turnbuckels-$40
    The look on poeples faces when i jump it off a 20 ft plus drop, with no worries-PRICELESS(donuts on asphalt are pretty cool too!)

~~~Bash it, Bash it Good!~~~
    If i had a dollar for every time i broke a part on my Rustler...i wouldnt have any money!

RC Qualifier
    headhunter556 is right on.
    It doesnt matter if you wire the motor backwards, the truck will just go in reverse when you pull the trigger. If that happens switch the wires and you are good to go.
    Most motors are labeled with a +, however te stinger and other silver can motors are not.
    -Anthony

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your help, all of you. I just experimented a bit, using your advice, and I figured it out.

This board is GREAT for beginners like me!