RC Qualifier

Exclamation Maybe this is better for me

Well I'm thinking this might be better for me than the slash 4x4 mt since it already A mt. Since o got to thinking I thought all it needs is tires and axles. For tires i Am Thinking about the imex j7 bc I saw it on a slash mt and they look really mean. For axles I am thinking the mip x-duties all the way around with a fieago 9 or 10L and run it on 3s.

Edit: Also thanks to reading some of pave's posts I would probablyalso use a Proline Hummer H2 Sut body
    Last edited by Mustang63; 10-27-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Champion
    good choice i think you will be happy with your choice for sure.

i am going to convert my slash 4x4 MT also to a stampede 4x4 cuz i think it will handle more like a real MT
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    If you want something that handles like a true mt you should drive my emaxx...It is a beast. But a stampede 4x4 with a soft suspension and better tires will probably do pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang63
    Well I'm thinking this might be better for me than the slash 4x4 mt since it already A mt. Since o got to thinking I thought all it needs is tires and axles. For tires i Am Thinking about the imex j7 bc I saw it on a slash mt and they look really mean. For axles I am thinking the mip x-duties all the way around with a fieago 9 or 10L and run it on 3s.

Edit: Also thanks to reading some of pave's posts I would probablyalso use a Proline Hummer H2 Sut body
    Do you think this is a good satrting point?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-27-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: merge
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock

RC Champion
    yup i would say so
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Id steer clear of the MIPs though. Most dont have great luck with them. Stick with stock, theres really nothing wrong them if you dont run your slipper full tight.

RC Qualifier
    I've had great luck with the MIP X-Duty after I twisted the stock setup with my MMM 2650 on my slash 4x4. MIP has great customer service and will replace it if you break it.....
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Champion
    ya if you every want to run 3s lipo on this truck you will have to have cvds
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You dont need CVD's to run 3S lipo. All the 2X4 guys run the stock slider shafts (with steel outdrives) on 3S all the time. Alot of the slash 4X4 guys still run teh stock sliders on 3S... from what I understand, the Tekno CVDs are pretty good but require changing a few parts. Either way, stock sliders and a reasonable slipper setting will be fine on 3S.

RC Champion
    not from what i have herd. pretty much every one with the MT build and if they are running 3s lipo have to run cvd's or they will just twist them after about two or three runs.
    and the mip x-dutys seem to be holding up grate.

the only problem is if you run in shock #2 front and read you will have a bit of rubbing on the Rear Hub's but nothing a dremel can't fix
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410