Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    And I want to know what tires exactly fit on these rims? they seem a little wider than standard tires? Anyone? These arrived from Hong Kong from that website.

Looks just like an ADR M Sport rim.

RC Qualifier
    Anyone ???

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
    Theres 2 tires that i've googled for and i cant seem to find. its the Tamiya and the HPI tire to the right of it... Cant seem to find either of them anywhere, and i'd love to put them on and run them on my Rally.

Could some one slide me a link to buy them? i'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by ChaosShadow00x; 01-26-2011 at 11:26 PM.

They may be discontinued. Though there were some listed here: http://www.hpiracing.com/hpitires/touring/ and here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/cat...p?sub-id=71200 that didn't have pictures so you could take the part number and put it into Tower, Amain, etc.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosShadow00x View Post
    Theres 2 tires that i've googled for and i cant seem to find. its the Tamiya and the HPI tire to the right of it... Cant seem to find either of them anywhere, and i'd love to put them on and run them on my Rally.

Tamiya 1.9" Block Soft Rally Tires

HPI Racing Rally Tire M Compound

Traxxas Tires BF Goodrich Rally

Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Competitor
    as requested.

the good news is, despite that the tires rub on the foam, it would be simple to make room. The second piece of good news is, the tires don't seem to rub on the fender wells when turned either direction.

The bad news is, i just noticed that some of my wheels have deeper 12mm hex holes than the stock ones. This causes them to bind a little on the hub. This could be resolved a couple of ways: 1) a simple thin spacer between the hex and the wheel. 2) sand down the hex on the wheel to simply reduce it's depth.

-melon

the white wheels are tamiya and i think the gray wheels are hpi.

-melon

i don't think you'd need to get the revo shocks. It's my understanding that the shock bodies and shafts are identical, the rally just comes with limiters inside the shock that can be removed.

-melon
    what wheels and tires are those tamiya tires i want to get a set of those tires.. Are their other rims they fit onto so i wouldnt have the binding hub issue?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosShadow00x View Post

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/pr4468.htm

Not sure if you can get them anywhere easily. I lucked out at a local hobby shop that still had some sets hanging on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by tirado_881 View Post
    what wheels and tires are those tamiya tires i want to get a set of those tires.. Are their other rims they fit onto so i wouldnt have the binding hub issue?
    The wheels that the Tamiya Rally Block tires are mounted onto are the stock Tamiya wheels from my DF03RA. I believe they have the deep hexes that rub. It's hard to say which wheels will work without issue. If memory serves, I believe all of my HPI wheels have shallow hexes so they don't interfere.

-melon

RC Qualifier

HPI 3mm offset bronze TE37 on D-compound X-pattern with gunmetal lock nuts. I'm working on a set of red Volk "Super Lap" labels for one spoke on each wheel. Offset and hex depth are perfect. Chalk corner markings courtesy of my kids.

The Rally really sings on these tires for fast pavement driving. I had planned on using this setup off-road too, but the wheels seem much more flexible and have much less internal rib structure so I'm afraid they'll bust up.

(BTW, what is up with Traxxas' and the green windows?)
    Last edited by prototyp; 02-06-2011 at 11:29 PM.

RC poster
    My RPM knuckles and Nitro 4-Tec Wheels came in too. I haven't tested the tires but they look great. Here a pick at a nice drivable ride hight.

And heres a picture dumped.

RC poster
    I Just ordered the HPI Rally & Pirelli rally tyres from radicool in the uk-

http://www.radicoolparts.co.uk/page1...arttoadd=12181

Prices were good, I just hope it doesn't take a month to show up!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywon View Post
    My RPM knuckles and Nitro 4-Tec Wheels came in too.
    How's the compound on the 4-tec? Grippy soft slicks? Hard plastic drifters? They look the biz... (+1, RPM hubs ftw)

RC Qualifier
    n-4-tec tires are not drift tires they are grippy rubber with light tread. I have a set from my old 4-tec but haven't had a chance to try them yet, last 1/10 car tire I used was HPI X-pattern tires and it exploded doing 4s runs in a parking lot

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by prototyp View Post
    HPI 3mm offset bronze TE37 on D-compound X-pattern with gunmetal lock nuts. I'm working on a set of red Volk "Super Lap" labels for one spoke on each wheel. Offset and hex depth are perfect. Chalk corner markings courtesy of my kids.

The Rally really sings on these tires for fast pavement driving. I had planned on using this setup off-road too, but the wheels seem much more flexible and have much less internal rib structure so I'm afraid they'll bust up.

(BTW, what is up with Traxxas' and the green windows?)
    Looks great! I'm planning on buying some HPI pro compound belted X-Patterns. I hope they'll work well for a tarmac tire.

-melon

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywon View Post
    My RPM knuckles and Nitro 4-Tec Wheels came in too. I haven't tested the tires but they look great. Here a pick at a nice drivable ride hight.

And heres a picture dumped.
    I'm really curious to hear how the 4-tec tires handled on pavement, mounted on the rally.

RC Champion
    What are you guys doing for wheel hexes with the standard touring car tires?
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    I can vouch that the HPI 1/10 wheels and the Traxxas hexes are perfect fit... can't speak to the other wheels out there.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Jeff View Post
    I Just ordered the HPI Rally & Pirelli rally tyres from radicool in the uk-

http://www.radicoolparts.co.uk/page1...arttoadd=12181

Prices were good, I just hope it doesn't take a month to show up!
    OMG yes thank you for that link. I'm pretty sure the supplier on ebay lost my Pirelli's, and this site even has a harder compound! I'll wait until the end of the week, then i'll be ordering a set from here for sure.

RC Competitor
    FYI, to anyone who was running into the problem with wheels that have deep 12mm hexes. I found that after I switched to the RPM hub carriers, that there is no longer any clearance issues. The RPM carries have an overall reduced thickness that's necked down where the axle exists the hub. This makes it so the deep hexes have a lot more clearance before contact.

Here are some pictures of my new off-road wheel and tire combo. Wheels are Tamiya as well as the tires.

-melon

RC Competitor
    will the nitro 4-tec wheels fit on the rally without body modification?
    Slash 2WD
    1/16 Ken Block Rally
    1/16 Summit

RC Qualifier
    Nitro 4-tec fit without any modification. (Gosh these are pretty wheels...)

RC poster
    I love the bronze TE37s on your rally! I was considering putting them for my Fiesta (I wanted a lime green body but settled for candy apple red), now I definitely need to order a set! They look good with the red body.
    -Cam

RC Qualifier
    Thanks... Even better with non-green windows and my Volk "Super Lap" stickers

If you can play up some gunmetal/warm-gray/or bronze details on the body (carbon-fiber decals) they'll tie in nicely with the red fiesta.

Spice also makes these wheels, and they do them in a couple very nice-looking metallic finishes. I didn't find these till after I picked up the HPI's else I would have been all over em... I'm considering a set for shelf/road use:

Last edited by prototyp; 03-20-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    The prototype project.

RC poster
    If you can play up some gunmetal/warm-gray/or bronze details on the body (carbon-fiber decals) they'll tie in nicely with the red fiesta.
    Honestly, they'll eventually be painted hot pink (like Gram Lights) as soon as I can paint up a new body in my racing colours.
    -Cam

RC Champion
    Here's the ones I've test fitted so far, all from my collection of tires for my 4-Tecs

I'm going with these for now;

Here's the link to the page that has all of them installed on the car on it.
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...20and%20Tires/
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 03-21-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Qualifier
    I have those same rims (grey ones in the last picture) I really like them.
    Are the tires supposta to blow off going into 2nd?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rfeagan View Post
    I'm really curious to hear how the 4-tec tires handled on pavement, mounted on the rally.
    Finally not raining long enough for the road to dry off but still pretty chilly for grip-compound race tires (upper 40s).

Running a couple packs through the 4-tecs was a blast. They are very crisp and responsive as the tires are super stiff. Very responsive to subtle throttle manipulation in turns - a real sporty 'feel' to em. Even in the "cold", the rubber is quite tacky so it gripped well up to a point, then slid predictably. I suspect in warmer temps they'll heat up and get nice n sticky. Did I mention how nice they look?
    Last edited by prototyp; 03-25-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    The prototype project.

RC Racer
    Here is mine with HPI X-pattern belted tires and HPI +9mm offset. I had to do some modifications to the fenderwell to cover them but for my first attempt on the scarred up body, it will work.

RC Enthusiast

Dynamite "Super Sport" Aftermarket Wheels and Tires

On my Rally VXL.

It rains\mists here a lot and the street is often wet, and the stock goodrich tires are like driving on ice. Not too bad when dry and can be fun. But I was looking for something with a little more grip to see how that would be.

Just got these wheels and tires from "dynamite" at my LHS. They are a perfect size fit. Not sure of the quality. Ran a few packs through them and already showing quite a bit wear. But maybe that's normal. But I really like the added grip for the rough pavement in my cul de sac. They handle well, and I have to be pretty aggressive to grip flip (usually after sliding sideways into one of the ridges in the less than perfect road).

Tried them out at a tennis court, very smooth grippy surface, and the car flipped a little too easy. So I put the stocks back on and with my toe and camber adjusted and springs tightened down a bit (Don't ask my exact setup, I just kept tweaking a bit, till it handled like I wanted). I could really get some nice power slides in. And I'll admit I'm newb to drift turns.

RC Competitor
    ^^^ I bought a set of those . the tires lasted about 3 packs and there bald lol. but they where cheap enough that it doesn't bother me .
    BL Stampede
    Mini summit
    Cr01
    TL01

RC poster
    where did you get them?

RC Qualifier
    Picked up some interesting solid hard (abs?) drift "tires" and nice spoked wheels from R2 in Hong Kong. The drifts are a two-part tire which makes them easier to install... somewhat flexible inner ring which mounts onto the wheel, and then the lot presses into the tight-fitting solid outer tire. They were unusual anyway so I thought I'd check em out.

The wheels are very glossy and nicely detailed, and made from a very stiff plastic. All up, each corner is very heavy compared to a set of HPI wheels and touring tires. They probably act pretty well as gyros when they're spooled up.

When the tires were new and shiny, there was literally zero traction on pavement but seemed a little better on concrete. They've worn over the last couple weeks and gotten nicely roughed up, their performance and my throttle control is better and now I'm drifting like a star on both kinds of surface.

I'm likely going to try some hard rubber-compound drifts like the stock Block/Mustang slicks for asphalt, and keep these plastic T's for concrete.

Quick vid of the R2 drifts in action on concrete:

Mounted our Flip to the chassis this afternoon, too. So will hack together some POV footage on pavement for our entertainment.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-04-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: merge
    The prototype project.

RC poster
    proto, do you have a link to where you got these? did a google search and found some yokohama r2 drift tires. is that what you got or is it completely different? they look nice! thanks

RC Qualifier
    I got them from R2hobbies, unfortunately haven't been able to find any brand or product name other than what they're listed as there: Rc drift tire with insert.

The inner part comes in different colors, too...
    Last edited by prototyp; 06-06-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    The prototype project.

RC Competitor
    What is a good tire to mount on the Nitro 4-tecs?
    I like the grip of stock bf goodrich tires. Not looking for super sticky or super drifty. Will the stock tires fit on 4-tecs??
    Thanks!
    Slash VXL
    Rally VXL
    Axial SCX10

RC Qualifier
    My Fiesta with 26mm HPI VTA tires - I know the wheels don't match -

It is not a TOY!

RC Qualifier
    Spice TE37 'bronze' 5mm offset.

Pluses: beautiful finish… super glossy, deep lustrous metallic. Nice and dynamic in the sun, too. Crisp shaping on the spokes and rim flanges. The wheels appear designed to be very strong with deep flanging behind the spokes.

Cons: 5mm is a pretty aggressive offset for the front, sits flush, but doesn't fit at all on the rear (Rally body, 2 camber). TBH, the color is pretty much root-beer; more brownish than the warm metallic i had hoped they would be.

Spice TE37 on left, compare to HPI TE37 (3mm) on right.

5mm offset is a problem in the rear.
    Last edited by prototyp; 07-14-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    The prototype project.

RC poster
    i bought myself some softer and more grippier tyres today, preglued on grey 7 spoke wheels, made by Ansmann. the stock tyres are rubbish i reckon.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by WADEYDUD View Post
    i bought myself some softer and more grippier tyres today, preglued on grey 7 spoke wheels, made by Ansmann. the stock tyres are rubbish i reckon.
    Looks good! That tread pattern is excellent looking. Were the Ansmann wheel/tires inexpensive, and how well do they perform?

-melon

RC Champion
    Looks good! That tread pattern is excellent looking. Were the Ansmann wheel/tires inexpensive, and how well do they perform?

-melon
    They are great ... and cheap...over here
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Qualifier
    Here's a set of "soft" D-compound drift tires from R2. They are a slightly flexy, slick plastic and work great on asphalt pavement. They have a very different character than the solid, super-hard (PVC) T drift tires which seem to work well on finely-textured concrete but go all "like on ice" on the road. (Wheels are also R2)

Last edited by prototyp; 07-28-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    The prototype project.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast