RC Qualifier

Maybe the slash chassis is for the Better?

I was looking at the new 4x4 and I just noticed the motor is in the middle like the slash, at first I dissmissed the 4x4 because the 2x4 with the motor in the rear with the trans caused way to many wheelies (why I sold my vxl). So

I assumed the 4x4 wouldn't be usefull at all because the front wheels would never be on the ground. Now that I took a closer look and see the weight is more to the middle of the chassis I am hoping there will be more squat apon acceleration and less wheelies. Anyone else think this will make a difference?

I realize there a ways as simple as fixing your driving to prevent wheelies but with my 2x4 vxl even just driving throught bumpy grass the front would bounce up and down and I couldn't stand it.

Anyways looking forward to this truck, hope the price goes down. I am also waiting for a chassis overtray after reading about the slash debris issues. But I'll wait till some people test these out and hopefully I can pick one up!

RC Qualifier
    I think the center of gravity will be much better, just look at the difference between the way the slash 2wd and the way the slash 4x4 jumps. I think this stampede 4x4 will be more stable and less prone to wheelie than the 2wd.

I wonder when it will actually ship out and get to people's hands? I know it says Dec

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I agree that the LCG seems lower than the 2X4... even just simply because the ESC and RX box are mounted on the chassis instead of up in front of the rear shock tower.
    I also think the more centralized mass of having the motor in the middle will greatly improve all aspects of handling compared to a 2X4. Once the suspension is properly set and the body is properly lowered I think this truck will surprise the haters in how it handles.

RC Qualifier
    The video say's it all. It's still a Wheelie Monster. Just look's like fun...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
    I agree that the LCG seems lower than the 2X4... even just simply because the ESC and RX box are mounted on the chassis instead of up in front of the rear shock tower.
    I also think the more centralized mass of having the motor in the middle will greatly improve all aspects of handling compared to a 2X4. Once the suspension is properly set and the body is properly lowered I think this truck will surprise the haters in how it handles.
    Seems that it all sits in the chassis tray instead of up above. Think your right about the whole thing Pave. This is gonna be one sick truck after I put some badlands and lower the body. The video I looked at last showed this thing bangin out wheelies like its cool, even with the mid-mount motor. Bet it'll slide around like a dream. Also, I love hillclimbing with my pede. This is gonna take me up some biggins! Whoo hoo!
    Can't wait. I'm in! You could beat me with a bat and tell me you'll stop if I say I won't buy it and my response is gonna be, " I'll take 2". Try to stop me, my woman won't even stand in the way of this one. And she's a tough one to convince. She held me back on the revo, maxx, slash 4x4, and backslash. I showed her the new pede, and she was like, ya ya ya, I know......what ever, as long as the bills are paid and she gets her winter vacation, (settles for nothing less than the tropics for 2 weeks) do what I want. Lol, I fell in love with her again lol
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    AND... you give her your truck right!!! RIGHT!

What ever it takes! Just get-r-done

RC Enthusiast
    how do you all think it will turn? I know when I try to turn my Pede VXL, it really understeers bad..Hoping that the 4wd will help with the turning..any thoughts/ideas???

It'll be a slider if you want. You could drift it or soften it up and make it grip with an upgraded tire. One step that would help in tuning and not rolling would be to lower the body. Its important to soften the front a bit so the waight can transfer slightly and help with grip. But this increases traction roll. Lower the body and it will do better in the turns with less roll. The front wheels will help a ton. And add a center diff to the package, you can set it up so the front pulls more with less power to the rear, control the power transfer (%) to front and rear.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by stampedeman109
    Anyways looking forward to this truck, hope the price goes down. I am also waiting for a chassis overtray after reading about the slash debris issues. But I'll wait till some people test these out and hopefully I can pick one up!
    You can add some lexan strips to the sides of your chassis about 2 or three inches tall and problem solved. Or lower the body to sit lower than the chassis!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    with talon tires a tight slipper and a good 2S battery the Slash 4x4 will wheelie easily, so with the Stampede's new shorter chassis wheelies should come easier than the slash 4x4. Better control than the 2x4 pede, but still going to be hard on rear tires.

A side note: A wheelie prone Slash 4x4 kills front axles, so just be careful with the new Pede 4x4 when reaching for the sky.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    With a center diff you will have almost (95%) no wheelies. You can also set the slipper to control them, but the pede is all about wheelies!
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    ya thats what true MT's do they wheelie! and jump and are not the stable
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    hey 1slash, have you watched any emaxx videos to see what I was talking about ot see how a true mt handles?
    Vxl Slash
    Xerun E-Maxx
    HT Aftershock