Thread: Wider tires?

Wider tires?

My buddy told me that hethinks1/10 scale wheels will fit my 1/16 summit I was wondering if they would any miss I mightneed to do? Steering etc. Has anyone else done it? Also how much biggerare the tires compared to thestock 1/16 ones
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Enthusiast
    A lot of people actually go the other way and put Summit 1/16 tyres on the Slash 1/10.

Both are a 12mm hex (I'm pretty sure...) so there should be no problem.

I run small tyres for bitumen and a bit of drifting fun and i also run big tyre for the really rough offroad stuff and jumps. Some one recommend the Proline Big Joe II's to me and they have been my best upgrade yet.

Real question is what do you want to achieve? If you've got access to some Slash tyres then stick them on and try.

But if you just want new wheels then don't focus on Slash.

The wheel size, tread and type will drastically change how the car performs. You can often but a set of fake Chinese ones on ebay for under $10. Maybe test the sizes that way before you fork out for a good set of Prolines or something.

I want it to he more stable and climb over my rocks better ill look at the big horse I like em
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Champion
    Well the mini summit wheels are technically 1/10 already. They are just standard 2.2 wheels. Most 1/10 scale 2.2 wheels will work fine, then use any tires under 4.5" in diameter.
    Dacaur

Are they heavier?
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    is a 1/10th going to be bigger and heavier than a 1/16th... yes.....

don't look at a slash sct tire if you want it wider... they are typically buggy width.....

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? the mini summit tires are about as big as you can push without running into other issues...

as with any tire and wheel upgrade or with any setup, check your running temperatures and adjust from there
    TRUMP 16!

I want wider wheels so it would be more stable when I am crawling and handle better when I am pulling objects like my trailer
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Champion
    Well, those are two very different tasks. For crawling, taller, softer sidewalls are key, squishy is good. For towing you want stiffer tires.

But, my big Joe II's are taller and wider than the stock canyons, better traction, squishier. I much prefer them over the stock tires, worth a look. Cant recommend anything else because that's all I have tried
    Dacaur

Soon are the big joes good for what I want or at least halfwould you reccomendthe joes?
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Racer
    so i know this is the summit section, but i saw something that caught my eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinton79 View Post
    A lot of people actually go the other way and put Summit 1/16 tyres on the Slash 1/10

Both are a 12mm hex. so if i wanted i could run 1/16 summit wheels/tires on my slash?
    Last edited by JP24RC; 02-16-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    Sla2h sv3 4600kv

RC Enthusiast
    Yes "JP24RC" you can run Summit 1/16 tyres on a Slash.

"MilitaryRcDude", im guessing from your comment about climbing rocks and towing trailers that you have geared down or flipped the tranny? If that is the case then the larger Proline Big Joe2's would be perfect.

Yes I would recommend these tyres. They do raise the CG a little which can make cornering at speed more tricky but it sounds like you aren't after a speed machine.

Yup flipped the tranny and it is no speed machine looks like ill go with the bigjoes 2.2
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

Last edited by MilitaryRcDude; 02-16-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Champion
    I've not tried those, but what I have heard isn't that great. Going from the mini revos talons to those would likley be an improvement. But nowhere near the grip of big Joe II's. They would probably last longer than big joes though, due to s higher tread/void ratio, which is also why the big joes would have more grip... Everything has tradeoffs I've had my big joes for over a year now, and they show very little wear, but then I don't drive much on road...
    Dacaur

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryRcDude View Post
    Lol I have Yokohama geolanders on my 1:1 Ford explorer maybe I should pick some up for my rc
    Sla2h sv3 4600kv

Haha I just came acroos them I didn't think they were better than the joes but just wanted to make sure with you guys thank you all for the help!!!
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude

RC Qualifier
    I have run those tires on my nitro rustler, they are a good summer time tire. They grip good in the green grass, no so much in the yellow grass. I actually thougt I had something wrong with my diff, the first time on yellow grass. They would just spin, and not grab. They are pretty good on the street, and decent in dirt. They are kind of a harder compound, kind of a stiff sidewall. so the wear factor is pretty good. Hope that helps
    Rusty 2.5R,T-max 2.5 & 3.3,Summit VXL Nitro 4-tec

Yea that helps
    Thanks, MilitaryRcDude