RC poster

Stampede 4x4 vxl back wheels not turning

I was just bashing and jumping alot and suddenly my stampede's back wheels weren't turning.
    I've checked everything in the back and it seems like nothing is broken what do you guys think it is?

You can check if the drive shafts are ok by turning one wheel. The other rear wheel should turn in the opposite direction.
    If that works ok, the problem could be in the diff. If the other wheel doesn't turn, then there is something wrong with one of your drive shafts. The pin at the diff end might be out.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC poster
    The tires turn in opposite directions if I turn one. The driveshafts I have are steel and nothing is broken on them does it matter that I changed the normal shafts with steel ones?
    Last edited by XMaxx4Life; 11-21-2016 at 05:21 PM.

RC Racer
    Start at the wheels and make sure that the hexes aren't stripped. Work your way up through the driveshafts, diff and center drive line, making sure everything is ok along the way.

RC poster
    OK, I removed all the parts of the back diff and cleaned them and after that it still didn't work the diff isn't slipping so... I don't know what to do anymore

RC Competitor
    Your best bet is to start at the front of the truck and work your way backwards. If everything is mechacanically sound and in check 100% did you check the hubs on your rims to make sure they aren't stripped out as czlynx mentioned? I used to chew rear rims up like crazy on a 3s battery thus only giving me front wheel drive until I got smart and put 17mm rims on.

There's really only a hand full of things that can be wrong.

RC poster
    Nothing is broken, driveshafts are all OK and the rims are not stripped out.
    When I put the truck on the ground and press it down so it has the most grip only the front tires spin and the back wheels and shafts don't move at all, and when I hold the front wheels the diff in the back is clicking.

RC poster
    Nvm the rims are only 0.1-0.5 mm stripped I didn't see that until I looked at the shafts while the tires were installed but apperently the shafts were spinning but the tires weren't well, atleast I now know how the back diff is assembled

RC Competitor
    Ya it doesn't take much to strip them out. Upgrade to 17mm rims. You'll never strip them again.