RC Competitor

Question Inconsistent slipper clutch engagement??

The last few times I've ran my stampede vxl 4x4 around, the slipper clutch has been acting weird. I've always had it set at 1 full turn out from full right, and its been perfect. But now it will act like it's way to lose for a minute or two.....slipping for a long time (8-10ft) when I take off from a dead stop. Then a second later, it acts like it's locking up right and I can pull wheelies all day long. Then it starts acting lose again....back and forth between way too lose and just about right. Everything looks ok with it...none of the pads look damaged. Does it just need to be tightened up more.....or is this a sign something's wearing out?

RC Competitor
    Have you upgraded to the aluminum bearing adaptor?

RC Competitor
    No...everything on the slipper is stock.

RC Competitor
    It might be cool at first when it slips then heats up and starts grabbing. I would tighten it all the way and loosen it up a half turn or quarter turn. Count how many turns it takes to tighten it. Might want to replace the nut if you can turn it easily. sometimes the nylon heats up and expands or melts and it won't hold anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Everything looks ok on the slipper....nut is tight, pads look good, bearing adapter looks to be in good shape. I tightened it up to 1/2 turn off from full tight....and it seems much better. I'm going to run some more packs through it tomorrow and see how it runs after some hard runs.

My wifes slash is acting the same way. I have it fully tightened. On my p4des i just went full tight but then im running 1/8 scale systems...

92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4 & 92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)

RC Competitor
    It seems to be much more consistent since I tightened up up a little bit. Not sure if it's too tight or not, but at least it's consistent....not loose some times, and then tight all of a sudden. I'm pretty easy on the throttle and try not to just jam it on all the time, so I don't think it should be a problem.

I did see that one of the pads is starting to come apart a little....so I'm sure it's not going to be too much longer before I need to either rebuild it, or go with a better setup with the aluminum bearing adapter.

RC Competitor
    I upgraded to the aluminum hd pads in my summit and emaxx both working really well and have had zero problems

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I use the Revo slipper w/aluminum pads in my Slash. 5352R and 5351. Pretty sure it'll work in a Pede as well. 1/4 turn from full tight. Stock on the left,Revo on the right:

Slash 4x4 Ult.SC8 2150kv MIP KH
    Rustler vxl 3500

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I use the Revo slipper w/aluminum pads in my Slash. 5352R and 5351. Pretty sure it'll work in a Pede as well. 1/4 turn from full tight. Stock on the left,Revo on the right:

Yes it does both my p4des run revo slipper with aluminum pads. Same as your pic lol. Stock left revo on right.

92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4
    Last edited by Briber; 02-25-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    86.9 mph Stampede 4x4 & 92.5 mph Rustler (R.I.P.)