RC Racer

Best tires for beach

Going to beach for a week what's the best tire for my 4x4 vxl for sand prefer mounted on rims

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    The Traxxas Maxx tires are pretty good in the sand. Deep grooves help a lot. Not sure what model Stampede you have though...because if it's the brushed 4x4 you probably already have them!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEAKE

RC Racer
    Ya I have those thought the paddle tires would be the best bet

RC Qualifier
    The vxl will get hot if you run paddles in soft sand, make sure to watch the temps and gear accordingly. The 2.8 sand paws by proline are what most people run. I was going to get them this winter but we didn't see enough snow....so I can't comment on them, except they are about $40/pair mounted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Though I personally have not tried my sling shots on the slash 4x4, I think they will do great.

The sand paws will probably be awsome too, as for maxxx chevrons, they will just be to big, f you can get tyres that have simmilar threads it will be great, I love my maxx chevrosn on mud, grass and wet conditions on my revo.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Though I personally have not tried my sling shots on the slash 4x4, I think they will do great.

The sand paws will probably be awsome too, as for maxxx chevrons, they will just be to big, f you can get tyres that have simmilar threads it will be great, I love my maxx chevrosn on mud, grass and wet conditions on my revo.
    Why would the Maxx Chevrons be too big on a Stampede? They are 2.8's just like the stock tires. Only slightly taller (like 1/8 inch).

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    Why would the Maxx Chevrons be too big on a Stampede? They are 2.8's just like the stock tires. Only slightly taller (like 1/8 inch).
    I guess depending on the wheels you use, mine are 3.8 geodes, and have 2.8 Mashers on F11 to compare them with, just aligned them on my 2wd pede when I had them and they were just to0 big. I have a slash 4x4 and for this truck too they are humangus.....so now I got them on the revo
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    I guess depending on the wheels you use, mine are 3.8 geodes, and have 2.8 Mashers on F11 to compare them with, just aligned them on my 2wd pede when I had them and they were just to0 big. I have a slash 4x4 and for this truck too they are humangus.....so now I got them on the revo
    They make the Maxx Chevron tires for the Stampede too, you're thinking of something else. Here's mine:

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    They make the Maxx Chevron tires for the Stampede too, you're thinking of something else. Here's mine:

What wheels are those?...when I tried ,ine it was huge comapared to my 2.8 mashers on deperados or F11, interesting...I am seeing them next to my slash 4x4 now and yeah I guess it would work but too big for my liking.

How is your drive train hlding on those, gearing and hart like ?

Too bad my tablet and camera are all damaged otherwise I would post a photo up.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    What wheels are those?...when I tried ,ine it was huge comapared to my 2.8 mashers on deperados or F11, interesting...I am seeing them next to my slash 4x4 now and yeah I guess it would work but too big for my liking.

How is your drive train hlding on those, gearing and hart like ?

Too bad my tablet and camera are all damaged otherwise I would post a photo up.
    They are simply the Traxxas Maxx tires that come on the brushed version of the Stampede 4x4. They come glued already:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEAKE

As for my driveline, I've got Tekno axles front and back on stock gearing and 3S and I can run the heck out of it without any heat issues. I haven't broken anything yet. A little fun from last night:

Now I see, they are sold on actual 2.8 wheels, I have 3.8 wheels that are huge in comparison.

What do you know, get to know new things ....I did not think the chevrons came on 2.8 as well.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    What kind of sand? Hard packed, loose and soft? shallow or deep? The looser and deeper the sand the bigger you want the grooves like sand paddles. Trust me we are surrounded by sand.

RC Racer
    Beach sand lol

tires I have now

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-21-2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: merge