Colton, Inland Empire, Southern California

Fourdub's 1/16th Rally vxl

so I bought a rally roller off ebay 60$ w/ motor and esc... was at LHS today and picked up a prographix rally body in the discount bin, and painted it.

this is the only part of the rally I have atm...

gold marker and red plastidip.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Qualifier
    nice, i picked up a rally roller with no motor just servo, wheels and it turned into this

nice I seen that in the other thread.

just picked it up.

I didn't notice but it has metal shocks, and HR rear push bars, and a rear metal toe bar?

pic next to my slash 4x4.. slightly different.... also... this chassis looks modified. passengerside door is gone, and battery bay is ported.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdub View Post
    nice I seen that in the other thread.

just picked it up.

I didn't notice but it has metal shocks, and HR rear push bars, and a rear metal toe bar?

pic next to my slash 4x4.. slightly different.... also... this chassis looks modified. passengerside door is gone, and battery bay is ported.
    Nice find lol I love those eBay rollers there a great cheap platform to start projects on. As far as your build, that body looks sick! Are you going for a rally car stance to slid around in dirt, a body scraping drifter, or a on road rocket? hahaha

Thanks for the comment!

I am not sure tbh. atm its just being displayed.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Thanks for the comment!

I am not sure tbh. atm its just being displayed.
    Oh hahaha I used to just keep a set of extra shocks (4 gtr mini slash shocks) and mini slash tires when i had my ford fiesta and it would raise it up when ever i wanted to do some off road or dirt driving lol. I love the 1/16 platforms because there is so many different possibilities! I still have my fiesta but its sitting in a box with out a motor or diffs lol.

So is this rally a ken block fiesta cuz of the green links in front?

was kinda looking for a guide on all the diffrences int he 1/16ths

I was kinda planning to buy all of the 1/16ths to display.

If this rally is a fiesta I will buy another rally+body, and a fiesta body for this one lol.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    So is this rally a ken block fiesta cuz of the green links in front?

was kinda looking for a guide on all the diffrences int he 1/16ths

I was kinda planning to buy all of the 1/16ths to display.

If this rally is a fiesta I will buy another rally+body, and a fiesta body for this one lol.
    It might be but i am not sure because the ones on the back are black lol

Was out last night driving my buggy that's castle powered into the tire of my car, and broke a a-arm, its a weird off brand so parts take 2 weeks.... so I put the castle system in the rally.... its pretty fun.

all my lil batteries were dead and nihms so I strapped on a full size 3s battery lol.

will need to adjust the suspension and buy body mounts for this car. body drags on the ground kinda, needs to be higher. (in last pick I shoved a battery tie down into the chassis and zip tied it to the body mount holes, on the body mount tower and the body.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    That's sick hahaha I remember my fiesta had a castle sv3 with 5700kv motor and it was a bullet lol. Even on a little 2s lipo it was hauling.

lol waiting on my 25mm spacer/extenders to get here lol

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I need a summit... big one or little one haha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2kqKTZXsQ
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Hahahahaha I didn't think 2.2s would fit even with extenders

those are 2.2/3.0 short course tires, and I'm running them without any extenders or anything right now. the half inch to 3/4ths inch extension, will let me change the endpoints of the steering servo, so I can get a full turn, atm its very limited turning.

was a lot of fun hehehe
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    those are 2.2/3.0 short course tires, and I'm running them without any extenders or anything right now. the half inch to 3/4ths inch extension, will let me change the endpoints of the steering servo, so I can get a full turn, atm its very limited turning.

was a lot of fun hehehe
    Ahhhhh I got you lol. Read that you ordered the extenders and thought they came and you put on the big tires.

Get a different servo immediately because with those tires the gears will strip extremely fast. I recommend the savox sw-0259 mg servo.
    Too much power is just enough

thanks for the recomendation traxxasfan21, I'll look into that! at the moment, the wheel extenders are coming from china... so will be a few more weeks.

I'm running it now with the HPI white wheel/tires right now. not sure on the type of tire the writing is worn down quite a bit. But the little wheels and tires are fun.... gotta cut the chassis a little bit so the battery can sit lower. its flipping over easy with that big 5000mah 3s battery on top hehe
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    thanks for the recomendation traxxasfan21, I'll look into that! at the moment, the wheel extenders are coming from china... so will be a few more weeks.

I'm running it now with the HPI white wheel/tires right now. not sure on the type of tire the writing is worn down quite a bit. But the little wheels and tires are fun.... gotta cut the chassis a little bit so the battery can sit lower. its flipping over easy with that big 5000mah 3s battery on top hehe
    Ahhhh The dreaded china shipping hahaha. I really need to get my rally put together...I miss having the little on road drifter lol

was at salvation army store today and found a lightning McQueen car that looked like it would be 1/16th size..... was 50% off day there...

3$ car = 1.50

took it apart and it makes me laugh

its eyes turn in the direction you turn (original) I'm thinking of adding a 2nd servo to keep the eyes moving after putting it on rally maybe lol. it talks n stuff, sad no lights lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW_X0QoxhBM

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

gutted it, and looks like keeping the eye thing will work. I got a extra servo for it...

need to pick up some rear body mounts still, but its mounted and on there solid. there is a piece of foam you cant see in the bumper, the tab is pushing against it.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    gutted it, and looks like keeping the eye thing will work. I got a extra servo for it...

need to pick up some rear body mounts still, but its mounted and on there solid. there is a piece of foam you cant see in the bumper, the tab is pushing against it.
    Hahahaha that looks pretty good! Thrift shop finds are the best!

so its been made... not very durable... but its made. it makes me laugh... in a way its kinda evil looking lol

enjoy

straight

left

right

inside
    2075 servo, enuf room inside, piece of bike braided/twisted brake line, a 1/16th body post to act as a tensioner, a stop, and a guide.

video

edit: bodys not mounted in this video, body is moving because of combo of the wheels and the servo rubbing the motor wires. will be cleaning this up soon hehe.

super funny!.

if anyones wondering the toy is: 2013 air hogs lighting McQueen talking (not the infared/interactive one)
    Last edited by fourdub; 06-11-2016 at 02:43 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I meant to say the savox sw-0250 servo lol they are too close on a phone keyboard.

thanks man i'll check it out. do you recommend that same servo for a mini summit?

-

was out bashing the McQueen car on the street, hes fast as chips lol

when I get the tsm wobble his eyes vibrate like a crackhead lol

this thing does not fail to amuse me, I need those rear body mounts as the body ripped off when I flipped it hehe.

was too dark to get a good video of it on the street, but I'm using the 2200 nihm inside the battery bay, still flipping it hehe.

It looks good...drives great till the receiver wobbles (TSM receiver floating inside battery compartment lol) I might shell out the cash and buy a few of these lightning McQueen cars new, so I can have a perfect body, this one came with green pen on it, scratches, and a white creased spoiler (damage)

heres video of my driving it on the porch so you can see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2kjPV-Wh-c
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Enthusiast
    Nice cars, I like the bodies of both.

Thanks for the comment Jamez19!!! I'm happy with them!
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

was messing around with the wheels from the McQueen car, and decided to make wheel covers out of them. They will slide over exisiting wheel/rim combo, like how people use cut pieces of pvc pipe for slashes to make drift tires

they are smooth plastic should be great for drifting, only one of them is cut out so far (far right), the other one that is on a tire needs to be cut down more(far left), the 2 in middle have only had the middle drilled, as I was experimenting with mounting them to the axles directly with an upside down wheel nut

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

I did buy some summit body mounts today, picked up the only set they had. instead of using the rear post, I used the other wider one, and just cut it to make 2 posts. works perfectly. saving the summit rear posts for other bodies. So now the lightning McQueen body mounts very secure.

while I was at the LHS today i seen a fiesta body in the discount bin so I picked it up and painted it. I left the clear shell and decals in my car (100degrees+) when I pulled the window masks after painting, most of the glue stayed on the windows. so I painted over it. Was kinda experimenting, what type of markers have bleed thru and which ones don't...left the front window clear(glue residue)

I dunno what I was thinking.

Neon Orange Sharpie, Neon Green Sharpie, gold paint pen, silver paint pen, black matte sharpie.
    black, white, grey, and red plasti-dip.

good part is, I used plasti-dip, so I can peel the paint off the inside of the car, and scrub it clean and paint it again later. Not sure how it will effect all the marker and the paint pens.

Here is two videos:

this is of the body properly mounted and driving it a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFEhvaaYOE0

This one is of the drift tires on the McQueen body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMMNUt8cM4c
    Last edited by fourdub; 06-15-2016 at 01:22 AM.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

out drifting the rally, police were in my spot, so I drifted around them, they were super nice guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkwy2cjegsw

I crashed into the curb and it broke the servo off the body... (I had it super glued to the body lol) so easy fix later when I get around to it hehe.

need to find a slightly better way to secure those wheel covers to the slash tires.
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

so the past few days I been playing with this drift setup. I haven't touched any of my other trucks really, I did run my 2nd 2wd slash a little today.

Put gorilla duck tape in the tires folded over itself then pushed the tires in. haven't lost one yet, on 3rd pack. this thing is a blast, I need to go run my other trucks, but having too much fun.

I just fixed the eye thing, so tomorrow hopefully I will take a decent video, watching my practice I can see good spots where the eye thing would of been cool.

heres a video a shot a little bit ago.. sorry its kinda dark. full moon, under a street light, and my phones camera light.... lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFhf7GGNF6E
    Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

Yes I recommend it because the only difference is tire size and even the bigger tires don't faze it.

Sla2hvxl,pe4evxl,erevobl
    "Richard Chilson"youtube

RC Racer
    Man your location looks beautiful. The rally is looking good too! I have wayyyy to many parts for mini rallys/mini slashes....hmmmmm lol what to build what to build...