RC poster

just picked up rally vxl!! :)

New to the site and pretty new to hobby grade rcs in general. Bought a 2wd Limeted edition slash a month ago and have been having a blast with it. Decided to sell the limited edition body and wheels on eBay and they did so well I was able to pick up a brushless 1/16 rally vxl with the profit I made. I haven't received it yet but it has a bunch of upgrades and looks really clean like it hasn't had much use. I'm not big on the body because where I live this thing will see it's fair share of gravel/dirt and some pavement. If anyone is interested in a trade for the body I'd pretty much trade for any rally style body as long as it a decent. The guy that did this obviously put some time in it. It would be good for a shelf queen or drifted. Anyways...I'll post some better pics when I get it Monday or Tuesday. Let me know what you guys think.

RC Racer
    Sorry don't need a body. But nice grab! It looks like it it has some nice upgrades
    the only thing more fun than bashing is upgrading!

RC poster
    It's supposed to have a lot of rpm and hot racing upgrades. Pics aren't very good so I'll know what I have when I actually receive it. I got a pretty good deal on it so I'm not too worried if it needs a couple things. (Even though seller says ready to go). If I don't find someone that wants this body I might try to strip and repaint or just order another.

I received the rally in the mail today....and let's just say the guy that sold it needs to learn how to pack items better. The body didn't fair so well in the mail. Most of the carbon fiber bits were just glued on anyways and wouldnt have survived one wreck. Can't complain...I snagged it pretty cheap. From what I see it has. RPM arms all around, hot racing adjustable steering links, foam tires, underneath the paint and vinyl is a Proline Focus body. Also has a hitec servo. Dont know why the servo was replaced as there is hardly any scratches on the chassis at all so it looks like it has Very little runtime. Couple pics...
    Chassis pic...VERY clean. Has definitely never been in the dirt

Body just set on...after most of the carbon bits fell off or were pulled Off. The guy didn't uses lexan paint so some of it is peeling

Now for a question...and the only problem I noticed. It has hot racing adjustable steering links...but they have a ton of slop. I noticed the little rings are popped out of 3 of the 4 links so the pivot balls are just rattleing around. Is this a common problem with these? Also do the rings face up or down? My guess is down since it wouldn't be fighting the suspension when down. A couple pics to explain.

What 3 of them looked like...

Ring up on the 3 that popped loose...like this

This is the way I believe they should go..? Am I correct?

Went through this thing a bit more and tightened everything up. Also I think it has rpm bearing carriers on the rear...can anyone verify? Also flipped the links so the retaining rings in the rod ends faced down. Still some slop but it's much better. How much slop do these normally have? My 1/10 slash has next to none. Also pulled the rest of the ugly Crap off the body and plasti dipped the whole thing. The paint was peeling everywhere so I think it's a big improvement. Also no more treat or trick on the window...lol. This thing was definitely built to sit on a shelf. Couple pics.

Last edited by cooleocool; 02-19-2015 at 07:41 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Nice. Body looks a LOT better without all the extra bits, though 8 was kinda diggin the orange. Hehe. For the links, ideally you want next to no slop. When new they have almost none.
    Dacaur

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
    Nice. Body looks a LOT better without all the extra bits, though 8 was kinda diggin the orange. Hehe. For the links, ideally you want next to no slop. When new they have almost none.
    Hey thanks man! Paint looked ok in the pics but it wasn't lexan paint so it was falling off all over. Can't believe the guy spent the time and didn't use appropriate paint but oh well. It looks decent now and I have a clear fiesta body on the way. As for the links I'd say on the low side the wheels probably have 1/8" of play or more. Links look new so I don't see them being wore...As a matter of fact everything is "like new". I'm thinking these links were sloppy to begin with. I might just switch back to some traxxas ones and swap in steel hollow balls. Btw I got my lipos in yesterday and this thing screams. Im used to my brushed slash 2wd still.

RC poster
    Painted up a fiesta body today. Also ordered a Ken block decal kit from overseas. Was going for a gymkhana 5 look. Came out pretty good I think. Still need to add a few decals and have some wheels coming to finish out the look. Here's a couple pics of what she looks like now.

Btw I also fixed a lot of the slop in the toe links. I ditched the hot racing ones and bought some stock plastic ones from a LHS. Used the metal hollow balls from HR links and Presto..no slop. Still am going to order some RPM bearing carriers for the front to tighten it up a bit more. Few pics.

RC poster

RC poster

RC poster
    The rest of my decals and my wheels finally came in. I can say Gymkhana 5 is done and as close as I could get it. I'm very happy how it came in.

RC Champion
    That look great. How many colors you have to paint?