RC Enthusiast

transmission grease

i have been runing my slash on 3 cells for more than a year and wanted to service the tranny. Most of the gease was no longer left. no damage appears to have happened, caught in time.

what grease should i use to repack the tranny?

white lithium grease, automotive bearing grease or other?
    any info would be a help.......

RC Qualifier
    Any grease will work. In my race truck I use royal purple gear lube in my tranny. Just pop off the skid to re lube. In the diff, I use wheel bearing grease. My next rebuild will use bad horsie grease though
    Orange Powered
    Novak BL

RC Enthusiast
    White lithium used sparingly.. To much grease will just make a mess of your housing.. Its not a true sealed system so you will get some dirt in there. I just use enoughto give the gears some lube..

RC Champion
    I used lithium grease myself..but I've heard good stories on motorcycle chain spray..it's basically dilluted grease so it flows evenly on the gears. Once it dries, it will slightly become thicker like regular grease.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

Powdered graphite.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Qualifier
    Bad Horsie for the diff. I have that in 2 of my Slashes and it is fantastic. I have the washer mod in another and the 4th has automotive lithium wheel bearing grease.

I like Bad Horsie the best although the washer mod locks up both wheels better. I've heard the washer mod eventually tears up the gears but it hasn't happened yet. I bought a cheap diff off the bay just in case the washer diff goes south.
    VXL Slash, Castle Slash, XL-5 Rusty, 2002 Pede

RC Competitor
    Militec-1 grease. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Google Search! It's awesome baby! ; )

RC Racer
    Mobil-1 synthic wheel bearing grease. its red and can get a tube or can for less then 10$ at autozone that will last a lifetime of RCing.

RC Champion
    You don't pack the tranny with grease, you just want to put a little on the teeth of the gears. All these different suggestions are fine, just get whatever grease is available.
    www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    Man when i put mine back together all i had was vasoline. Thanks to my sisters kid...

RC Champion
    If you haven't rebuilt the transmission in a long time, it's a good idea to flush out all the remaining grease inside the case (automotive degreaser or even regular gasoline will work), as fine dirt gets in and it will become an abrasive compound and shorten the life of the gears..also check all bearings, teflon washers, etc.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.