So it looks like I had my first bearing failure that is common for the 4x4. The truck thr completely stopped with a little grinding from ther motor. I pulled the motor out and noticed the shaft had some wobble and would not turn easily and grinds when it does. The spur gear was grinded almost smooth, Pulled the bearing out and it doesnt spin but has no visible damage and it looks like nothing else was melted or damaged. I only ran 2s with 20 minute runs and have kept it fairly clean.
1. Is it common for the motor to fail when this bearing goes?
2. What would be the best fix? Kingheadz mount and bearing?
3. should I replace the whole slipper assy. or just the spur gear?
4. Should I contact Traxxas to see if they will consider replacing the motor?
Thanks for your help,
1. NoOriginally Posted by Dunedog
2. Yes, your problems will be over. Mine has lasted 3 months of running in loose dirt.
3. Just the spur.
4. If the motor has failed then yes, if it's just the slipper bearing then no.
"It's not a problem until it's on fire"
I had this happen as well....toasted the motor, bent shaft, etc....Traxxas replaced, no questions asked. Just ordered the Traxxas bearing adapter and an aftermarket aluminum motor mount today...