Thread: mm2 upgrade

RC Enthusiast

mm2 upgrade

just ordered this http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d=CCR010010801
    plus the 5626 mm2 mount and 14t gear. should i have got a steel drive shaft as well.
    Last edited by Andre LaFramboise; 03-16-2015 at 10:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    With a BL system on the summit, things just won't last since the summit is a very complex RC. If I was on that situation, I would personally look more into the diffs if you lock them occasionally rather then a driver shaft. I think if you gradually increase the throttle, the drives will be fine. The opposite will happen in a WOT since the torque and the traction will just twist the driveshaft. Just look at your driving style, wait until the stock one fails, and think about it(Most likely CVD). Just a note, the stock tires will BALLON A LOT when going over 35-40MPH an fail eventually.

RC Racer
    Brushless is awesome, all i did to avoid tearing up the diffs is use castle link to turn down punch control.
    plus upgrading with LEM diff kit and traxxas steel center drive shafts helps. and with my tekin set up i can program it so well with the software that i can attempt to wot it off the start and it just applies the power so smooth nothing is gonna break. atm i have been running my tekin tuned down so low i can only just wheelie. also gearing has alot to do with making your truck last along with proper slipper adjustment. just my opinion though.

RC Enthusiast
    This comes with the 2650kv motor. That was not the best choice for you. Should have gotten a MXL-6S off ebay you can get that all day for $255 shipped. I hope this works for you

Includes: Mamba Monster 2 25V ESC with Cooling Fan, On/Off Switch, Fan Plug,
    Motor Wires, Receiver Wire with Connector and Instructions
    2650KV Neu Castle Brushless Motor with 10 Gauge Leads, Connectors Instructions
    Edward
    Rustler Vxl
    Emaxx brushless
    Summit 1/10

RC Enthusiast
    pretty sure it has the 2200kv think it was a misprint in description with the 2650kv . They do sell the 2650 but it had a different product code.
    the ebay one was same price with shipping to Canada and exchange rate.

RC Enthusiast
    just got my kit in the mail it was the 2200 kv motor and now waiting for the castle link adpter and ordered the car adpter card.

RC Enthusiast
    just got the hot racing steel drive shafts very nice looking . There is 2, do I have 2 change or more thanks.

There are 2.
    short front and long rear
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    are the rear axles different and should they be changed to steel with the mm2 upgrade. Plan on only changing after the parts break.

RC Qualifier
    I've been on brushless for about a week now and haven't had any issues. I did turn down the punch to about 50% because I'm not wanting my Summit to be out of order anytime soon.