RC Racer

Kershaw Designs Brushless Motor w/ESC

I installed the system in my Summit last night. It took less than an hour and it fit like a glove. After everything was checked and rechecked, I took it to a BIG parking lot for it's maiden run. WOW!!! I never knew my Summit could go that fast and be that quiet. I'm running Mud Slinger tires which couldn't grab sand in a volley ball court, grass on a lawn or the asphalt of the parking lot. The truck rarely pulled it's front tires off the ground. I would bury the throttle from a stand still and the Summit would "light 'em up". All that power for less than $100.00. I also installed two new servos from Kershaw. At 230 oz/in the front tires changed direction immediately and used the full range allowed by the truck's steering linkage. The servos were $24.99 each. IMHO, Kershaw is one of the premiere aftermarket companies today.

Joe

ok - so which system did you put in the truck? He sells 10+ different systems and variations.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    I got the upgraded versions of the servos he sells for $16 shipped for the pair. I'm curious as to which combo you installed as well. I've got basically the same stuff coming in the mail.
    Last edited by StreetShaker; 09-24-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

brushless SYSTEM for less than $100. Are you sure you didnt just get a pair of HO motors?
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Racer
    The motor/ESC combo is the Gen 2 1/10th scale system
    http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessMotorSystems-Gen2.htm

RC Qualifier
    Isn't that a little small for the summit.
    HK Brushless Summit!!!

great purchase, not knocking you but for $34 more you could have had the system designed for the 1/8 sized summit. your current system seriously limits your battery options and the weight of your truck will stress the system. careful gearing is your friend. keep us updated.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Which motor did you go with- 10L Im guessing/ hoping. And limited to 3s lipo? That just doesnt sound like its gonna last all that long if you rag on it too much- noir522 hit the nail on the head; summit is a big heavy truck so demands a decent BL system. 4s minimum really and an XL sized motor is much prefered to a 2-3s esc and L can motor- topspeed achievable may be about 30-35mph without it frying, maybe....
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    I also bought the dual motor conversion for the Summit.

RC Racer
    for $34 dollars more what system are you talking about noir522. thanks for the feed . ive seen the vids of summit w/ brushless....wow gotta have it

Quote Originally Posted by -volkinharley- View Post
    for $34 dollars more what system are you talking about noir522. thanks for the feed . ive seen the vids of summit w/ brushless....wow gotta have it
    kershaw no longer sells them (this is an old post) but what I was referring to was the XERUN 80a system. It is sensored and powerful for around $140ish
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Racer
    ive saw vids on waterproofing a mamba esc. on this sight and am wondering are the brushless motors waterptoof already?"