RC Qualifier

Erevo gearing for new driver

I have recently picked up a brushed erevo for my 8 year old son, who has been driving my merv all summer so now he has 1 of his own. I am planning on running him on 4s, and in training mode. However I am uncertain how fast the car will be with this set up, hoping to get him between 15 and 20 mph. Would I need to change gearing as well or is training mode enough? I will also be running right beside him with my brushless revo. So he will be monitored the whole time while running it. He has been good with the merv and hasn't had to many disasters while driving it. Any advice would be helpful as I think the gearing will vary cause of the motor and esc differences, yes I'm familiar with the platform minus the motors, just making sure there is not a huge difference.

RC Champion
    I am not too familiar with the dual brushed titans, but to slow things down, look at going with 19/64, obviously since this is a dual motor setup, you will need to get 2 pinion gears.

but.. are you talking about the brushed 1/16? if so.. you are in the wrong section

RC Qualifier
    I am not talking about the 1/16 erevo, I am talking about the 1/8 one with the dual motors. I am also not too familiar with them, as I mentioned in my post I have the brushless revo. I am aware that I will need 2 pinions for it, and was hoping to just change out the spur gear as that will be a little easier.