RC Qualifier

Angry 1:8 custom back to 1:10 scale pede... (mega ticked off)

wrecked bad.... was nearly a total loss.... pulled all my spare parts because because of upgrades and was able to rebuild the 1:10 stampede... was able salvage motor, esc, spoiler, cage mainly the back half of truck.

to help save face (since you are a member here)...i will be vague but make my point.... well, family member one, was having fun "egg-n" on family member 2 with my (how was it said) "super fast RC"... well, Fam 1 lost control and crashed in to fam#2....

problem: fam#2 was driving a 54" ridding mower... sorry no vid wanted to kept his shallow grave a secret... (kidding) the fact that you "pede" (pun intended) your pants when you saw my face and you know that I will have my revenge soon keeps a smile on my face and your shorts damp....

NEED/WANT INPUT:
    Looking for suggestions on new "project" since I have the chance to be creative again... please share.
    Last edited by mdlopez1; 08-29-2010 at 08:58 PM.
    Just do it...they make replacement parts.VXL power

RC Qualifier
    what did you have before?
    Stampede xl-5 w/Sidewinder 5700

RC Champion
    "What" is all that comes to mind.

Someone in his family who is a member on here broke his truck by running into and probably under a 54 inch lawnmower. He had an 1/8th scale Pede that is now 1/10th scale from the rebuild and wants a cool project to re-build once again.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Qualifier
    I'd make them pay $ until it was fixed.
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    Someone in his family who is a member on here broke his truck by running into and probably under a 54 inch lawnmower. He had an 1/8th scale Pede that is now 1/10th scale from the rebuild and wants a cool project to re-build once again.
    I understood what he said, but what was still what came to mind.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Gado
    what did you have before?
    originally was Pede xl-5

Added:
    vxl system
    2.4ghz system
    17 mm adaptors /extension of 2 inches front and rear
    Ceramic bearing on all 4 wheels and inside velineon motor and tranny
    axial 8 spoke oversize rim with proline 40 series paddles on rear
    day of crash stock stampede rims/tires that I drilled and modified to use new 17mm hubs
    Buggy Roll cage
    RPM front bumper
    MIP CVD
    Traxxas waterproof Servo that I replaced plastic gears with futaba metal gears
    Alloy rear wheel blocks
    Alloy front steering blocks
    Alloy steering links
    Alloy HD servo saver
    alloy
    Custom 9 cell battery pack
    Custom chassis (little more than 2 inches longer than stock)
    26 tooth metal pinion from Robinson racing
    86 tooth metal spur gear
    Day of crash -Skull dress-up with ipod **** that played Holloween noises from speaker I mounted inside

I think that was all….

image: ( taken when I first started madmax tribute project)

image before I started mad max tribute:

RC Qualifier
    I think I would be asking for a little compensation on the crash. By the way, that is one NASTY looking Pede!
    Too many characters and not enough space allowed.

RC Qualifier
    PM Reply: Yes I documented some of the "madmax build" here is the thread that was started but fell off to the unknown....

Thread Link:
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ghlight=madmax

RC Champion
    Thats a tough one to swallow. I'm grieving for you! Sometimes when I let others grab the remote I cring inside thinking I hope this goes well. I feel for you!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles
    Thats a tough one to swallow. I'm grieving for you! Sometimes when I let others grab the remote I cring inside thinking I hope this goes well. I feel for you!
    No permission was given by me... To young to ask for money (no job yet)... I'm thinking of ways to "work"it off

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlopez1
    No permission was given by me... To young to ask for money (no job yet)... I'm thinking of ways to "work"it off
    hide your remote when not in use and lawnwork/dishes/house cleaning/yardwork/painting a wall/cleaning the bathroom/cleaning the garage/being your maid::set values to all of these or just a time like 6months and when he reaches it your paid or make the parents pay::which is the legal way if he is under 18 parents are responsible for cost similar to if he broke a window

RC Qualifier
    i'm going to teach accountability through blood sweat and tears... I have five acres of land... job one is cutting the grass for the next month with my old 18 inch push mower... ( I cut my grass about every 3-5 days on my 54 inch riding mower because its more lake weed than grass...) still working in other items.
    Last edited by mdlopez1; 09-02-2010 at 08:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlopez1
    i'm going to teach accountability through blood sweat and tears... I have five acres of land... job one is cutting the grass for the next month with my old 18 inch push mower... ( I cut my grass about every 3-5 days because its more lake weed than grass...) still working in other items.
    ooo sounds good

RC Champion
    That is really terrible when kids or even adults use items without permission. Especially when it's something dear to you and it gets destroyed!
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    (not that it applies here but)when someone wants to drive mine i reach down and program the esc to training mode and i use the least powerful battery...

RC Qualifier
    i'm more upset about the use without permission than anything else... the damage, I have done almost the same amount of damage in my normal use and doing something stupidly fun... Helicopter drops (like skiers do), jump off a 30 foot drop, crash into a parked bulldozer or a hit a no trespassing sign at top speed, etc...

If he had asked I probably would have hi-fived him for finding a new way to BYT... issue was with the madmax set-up I can easily do 40+MPH if that hit my 3 year daughter it probably would break a bone since it hit hard enough to dent the steel cutting deck on a mower....
    Last edited by mdlopez1; 09-02-2010 at 10:21 PM.