Thread: 2 speed

RC Enthusiast

2 speed

I'm thinking about getting a summit. They are 2 speed and you can shift from the transmitter, right? Can you shift on the fly, using first for the hole shot then up shifting at speed or do you have to stop and put it into the high gear then start in that gear?

The summit is a slow speed crawler.Its 2 speed is really a slow crawl speed and a normal speed. Shifting on the fly CAN be done but its not designed for it and I doubt that the transmission will last long. Besides the summits top speed "fly" gear is 19mph.

With an electric motor gear shifting isn't really needed.
    But if your doing a project then the old emaxx tranny can do on the fly shifting at speed.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

IIRC from installing a 2-speed in my ERBE (same transmission) there are two choices of gearing: wide ratio (13/26) or close ratio (18/21). The close ratio should allow shift on the fly, but no way with the wide ratio.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Cool i'd like to build a nitro truck that can shift in the fly

You are aware that the nitro Revo 3.3 has an automatically shifting 2 speed transmission. stock?
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah I'd just like to be in control of it. Like if it's in the air and it shifts it'll instantly go nose up