RC Champion

Front end weights??

does anyone make weights to mount to the front end of the summit for better climbing? yea i know i can add lead but i wanted something that looked more finished.

thanks
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

None that 8 know of.

Heavier aluminum wheels or aluminum knuckles?
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Champion
    aluminum isnt heavy enough
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Champion
    Lower your suspension height. I keep my arms just about flat keeps the center of gravity down. it will climb almost strait up

RC Enthusiast
    The best way is to drive it in water. Front gets heavy when the tire fills with water.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashmaxxsummit View Post
    The best way is to drive it in water. Front gets heavy when the tire fills with water.

Yea, but from then on you have rotten smelly tires. Can be difficult to get all of the water out of the tire sponges.

What we need is someone to make lead beadlock rings to replace those plastic fake circles on the stock rims. That would help a lot. What I suggested a whil ago was to drill screws into the knuckles and then you can screw lead weights to them.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Yea, but from then on you have rotten smelly tires. Can be difficult to get all of the water out of the tire sponges.

What we need is someone to make lead beadlock rings to replace those plastic fake circles on the stock rims. That would help a lot. What I suggested a whil ago was to drill screws into the knuckles and then you can screw lead weights to them.
    Don't you run yours in creeks, mud or anything wet? Drilling holes in the tires gets the water out by just running your truck on something dry for a few minutes. No smelly tires here man.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashmaxxsummit View Post
    Don't you run yours in creeks, mud or anything wet? Drilling holes in the tires gets the water out by just running your truck on something dry for a few minutes. No smelly tires here man.
    Creeks? Mud? What are those?

Living in west Texas, these things dont exist. The one time we had heavy rain I had a ton of fun jumping through a muddy drainage cannal. Didnt clean my tires well. The sponges eventually rotted from the inside. But that was my fault.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Champion
    You have plenty space inside the summit body.

You could attach a few lipo in there just for the weight.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Do they make a center diff for it? I put one in my revo and it will crawl up way steeper hills now where it used to flip over backwards. Cause as soon as the front starts coming up most of the power goes to the front wheels

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrohippie View Post
    Do they make a center diff for it? I put one in my revo and it will crawl up way steeper hills now where it used to flip over backwards. Cause as soon as the front starts coming up most of the power goes to the front wheels
    I believe you would lose the 2 speed with a center diff. I'm not 100% sure though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk