RC poster

Wich will be faster???

hello to all,i see we have to wait for the Titan,with that said i went out and bought a 22 inch deep V ( my first time with boats) i wont mention the name do to it not being traxxas.It is brushless and will run on 2s lipo,my question is this,A friend of mine has the villian with 2 titans ,esc ,water cooled etc.. running on 2 7.4 volt packs and not lipo.wich will faster???
    thanks for any input

RC Qualifier
    and this boat you bought it says no where on the box or advertising what kind of speed it will do??

you didn't check this out before you bought it?

you didn't email the manufacturer to find out?

you didn't ask from the shop you bought it from before you handed out the cash?

the Traxxas titan according to traxxas will do 50mph. that is 22.35 meters per second

why not go to a pond and mark out 22.35 meters with say 2 sticks and race the boat close the the shore line and see if it will cover the 22.35 meters in one second

if not, then clearly the titan is faster
    Last edited by stinger30; 07-31-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Qualifier
    The Traxxas will always be faster. After all, it is the fastest name in radio control. Handling will be a big factor as well for the shorter hull. Villian vs W.M.= Traxxas win.
    Never do anything half fast. Hey Ya'll, watch this

RC Racer
    a Brushless setup ( with lipos ) in general will be faster than a brushed setup with nicad, or nimhs. Either way enjoy whatever boat you have....

Reaper

RC Qualifier
    Which 'should' be faster? I'd agree with soulreaper above...The brushless system + lipo combo is smooth and efficient.

Which 'will' be faster? Only way you'll know for sure is for both of you to go out there, race and see.

If you're slower, then some adjustments need to be made.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowtnt
    hello to all,i see we have to wait for the Titan,with that said i went out and bought a 22 inch deep V ( my first time with boats) i wont mention the name do to it not being traxxas.It is brushless and will run on 2s lipo,my question is this,A friend of mine has the villian with 2 titans ,esc ,water cooled etc.. running on 2 7.4 volt packs and not lipo.wich will faster???
    thanks for any input
    It depends on the boat 22" you bought and what kv the motor is and the prop size..
    but the Villian is no slouch
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer