RC Racer

Looking for Tires and Rims...

i need to upgrade my rims and tires. I do some dirt racing and off road, but mostly on road. I had the stock wheels, but im looking for something with better grip. Id also like to get some beadlocks, but im not sure which ones i want for that too. whats the best bang for the buck? im looking for CHEAP. Also, i have a lot of tire ballooning... so keep that in mind! thanks for all responses ahead of time!

ive been looking at these two: http://prolineracing.com/wheels/prot...ad-loc-wheels/
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...9#.Ui3_QlV7P2E

Just not sure which tire combo to go with
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-09-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Your best bet for all terrain (if you don't want to swap tires all the time) is probably the trenchers. Pro-line also make beadlock wheels. But of course, its always best to have a specific tire for a specific condition.

I've learned not to use Integy stuff. Prefer to spend a tiny bit more or the same for better quality.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-09-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    why is that?

Because they have not got the best reputation with all their productsSo I would stick with proline dude......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Go with proline split six v2 rims and proline blockade tires....tape them and they dont balloon and awesome grip....just means you will have to get 17mm hexes...but it works out cheaper in the long run

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Go with proline split six v2 rims and proline blockade tires....tape them and they dont balloon and awesome grip....just means you will have to get 17mm hexes...but it works out cheaper in the long run
    What are the split six v2 rims the only split six v2 rims i find are 17 mm and they arent regular beadlocks there fake ones. To the op the best all terrain tire is the trenchers taped on split six beadlock wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurfer98 View Post
    What are the split six v2 rims the only split six v2 rims i find are 17 mm and they arent regular beadlocks there fake ones. To the op the best all terrain tire is the trenchers taped on split six beadlock wheels.
    Yep they are 1/8th 17mm rims made by proline for glued tires thats all i use and glue my tires on.....they preform great

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Yep they are 1/8th 17mm rims made by proline for glued tires thats all i use and glue my tires on.....they preform great
    Not being rude but the op stated he wanted beadlocks.

RC Qualifier
    OP also stated he runs on street a lot. Blockades will be slicks in no time.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhammer2u View Post
    OP also stated he runs on street a lot. Blockades will be slicks in no time.
    That's the price you pay for grip.!!!!!!!...Lol...bcus they sure do grip and if you not wheel spinning around everywhere they last pretty well....and as you stated you a specific tire for a specific terrain.

If you are looking for a great street tire, you need to get a set of Duratrax Bandito tires! They are street tires but they have excellent performance and an amazing long life. For all terrain, Proline Switch have been my favorite for a long time now.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Racer
    thanks for all the help guys, but which are the cheapest of the bunch?

RC Champion
    For cheap and decent, I'd recommend the stock tires in S1 compound. Pre-mounted for around $40 for 4 tires. They don't ballon bad, grip pretty well, and last a while.

RC Racer
    mine havent been doing any of that. mine constantly balloon and havent lasted very long at all.

RC Qualifier
    Well, for the price of a set of beadlocks and tires, you can buy at least 3 sets of cheap wheels (17mm hex) and tires off ebay. They are not the best, but for $23 for a set of 4, they are worth it for me. Not a great racers' tire, but I don't care when I tear them up!!! Just search 1/8 buggy tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurfer98 View Post
    Not being rude but the op stated he wanted beadlocks.
    Not really true!!!....he said he like to get something that grips better and would like to get beadlocks and was seeking the advice of the best bang for the buck...I was just giving my opinion on what I use and tick all the boxes he requires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by briandee View Post
    Well, for the price of a set of beadlocks and tires, you can buy at least 3 sets of cheap wheels (17mm hex) and tires off ebay. They are not the best, but for $23 for a set of 4, they are worth it for me. Not a great racers' tire, but I don't care when I tear them up!!! Just search 1/8 buggy tires.
    There by supra sales there great but the foams inside of them disinigrate and the rims are weak people say. I havent had any of these problems yet but theres mixed reviews about them and i really liked them but They do wear a little fast on cement but thats whats expected when you have big lugs like that. To simon ok i was just saying that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by panek33 View Post
    thanks for all the help guys, but which are the cheapest of the bunch?
    panke33, what's cheap to you? If you buy a dirt tire and run on the street, it will go bald and you will be replacing = cost more $$. If you buy these $23 set off 4 fleabay, they will go bald and you will be replacing = cost more $$$. See the theme here?

If you cannot afford a set of dirt and street tires refer to my original post and get a set of trenchers, or the switch as El Sob mentioned. You pay more then a cheap no name but will last longer. If you really want to stretch the budget get the medium compound.