RC Racer

traxxas bigbore shocks and mmm/2650=saggy rear

What springs to put on the big bore shocks? I hoped that they would help to fix the saggy rearend on the truck but no luck. Any help would be good.

Thanks
    Ted

RC Competitor
    pre-load should fix it, if its not enough, traxxas now sells stiffer springs for the Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    put T-maxx springs on mine!
    My WIFE drives her slash like she stole it...

RC Qualifier
    ditto to the t-max springs.
    It still squats a bit under acceleration, but more controlled and predictable than stock and doesn't slap the tires against the body every time I nail the gas.

RC Qualifier
    I just installed the Mamba Monster in mine with the 2650 and have not got it completly installed yet(need to wait for my ESC case) but what i did is the following as far as shock setup.

I stole springs from a Rustler (the non-progressive spring seems to work better for me). I also upped the Wt of the oil, went from 45 wt in the rear and 40 up front to. 45 front and 55 rear. I also put one medium spacer in the front and rear for a bit more shock stiffness. Like i said i have not tested this yet, but from experience i think its going to work great. I can usually get my spring stiffness and rebound tuned pretty well just by playing with it on the bench.

RC Qualifier
    i have mine preloaded like crazy, you can put losi springs on it, i think the progressive springs are worthlesss,
    2.75 rear 2.5 front length