RC Competitor

MMP in slash 4x4

Hey,
    I have a mamba max pro and 5700kv motor combo. Is it good to run this combo in the slash 4x4 or should i just run the esc and the stock velineon motor? I am mainly worried about the motor and if it is better than the velineon motor.
    Thanks

stock VXL motor is 3500kv, if you run MM 5700kv, must gear down for heat issue.
    personally, I like MMP on VXL motor.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Champion
    The VXL and 5700 are still nice motors for other applications. I'd suggest selling both and grabbing a 2650kv Castle motor. That oughta make ya smile.

Moon
    RCDIRECTONLINE to Support our Troops!

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the info. Can you run the castle 2650 motor with the mamba max pro esc?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JS19993
    Thanks for the info. Can you run the castle 2650 motor with the mamba max pro esc?
    Yes, this is the Short Course (CORR) Truck Power System Recommendations from the Castle website. For some reason, it is not linked from their tech support page. They recommend a 4600 or 5700 with a MMP for 2 WD and the 2650 with the MMP or MMM for 4WD.
    Bill
    I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused.

RC Competitor
    Let us not forget the Novak 5.5 HV. I have the MMP and Novak 5.5 HV and it screams on 2s with no heat issues.